Twenty two

Sebastian

It was odd seeing Fiona cry. I mean she's only ever been upset at me or annoyed at others. Seeing a third emotion, especially sadness was freaky. She's clearly upset about her mentor's death but can't admit it to herself. Obviously I'm not a real therapist, but I did have a special interest in psychology due to how uniquely my dad raised Silas and me.

I know I'm too nosy for my own good at times, but I've got to know more about this so called mentor. All I know about her is that she's an orphan and her mentor brought her into Rex. Maybe the mentor knew her parents? Either way she was very adamant he wasn't her father figure so maybe it was more like how me and my dad are where everything is about training and being the best agent.

I could ask her about it but seeing as she couldn't admit to being upset about his death, I doubt she'll tell me. A good friend of mine named Kyle works in the Tech sector so I ask him about it. He's the one who hacked into Noah's medical records for me.

Kyle: I'll need her name to do a database search because I don't have access to your mission file 
Sebastian: Fiona. Alias Snowfall. She's got no last name listed because she's an orphan recruit.

Rex only recruits certain types of orphans. The orphans they choose can't have any other immediate family that would miss them or is aware of their existence. That way they can scrub their name from government databases and keep them off the grid until it's time to get personas for them for long or short term missions. As a legacy spy, I was born with Rex resources available so my identity was perfectly shaped from birth and It's easily able to be changed and altered when needed.

Kyle: Ok. I'll get to it on my lunch break
Kyle: She still getting on your nerves?
Sebastian: Big time. At least now we've started sleeping together so she's nice to me then
Kyle: No shit. What's that like?
Sebastian: Like fucking a dominatrix
Kyle: Man you always get the best missions.
Kyle: I know you said she's a control freak but I wouldn't mind her controlling me
Sebastian: LMFAOOOO

I'm able to see two clients before Kyle sends me what information he got. Apparently her mentor was Master Luca. He was a talented agent who sometimes taught trainees and agents various martial art forms. My father sent me to him when I was younger and he taught me Karate. According to the files that Kyle sent, she's been with him since she was 6. He never once brought her up when he would come to my house to train Silas and me. She wasn't kidding about him not being a parent. The last thing the file mentioned is that her mentor was there after her parents died. I'm not sure how they passed but I won't dig deeper to find out. There's limits to how hard I wish to invade her privacy.

The door to my office bursts open as Fiona barges in. I slam my laptop shut and shove it to the side. She's in a trench coat and high heeled boots. She's also got a small tote with her.

"What are you doing here? And who let you in?"

"Your receptionist was playing Candy Crush so I just walked in." She answers. She opens the coat to reveal a lingerie set.

I let out a low whistle and lean back in my chair. She locks the door and walks over with her bag.

"I don't know what I did to deserve this surprise, but I'm sure It was good." I grin.

"Shut up. In this roleplay, you don't talk." She explains.

"Roleplay? This is the best day-. Right. Shutting up." I say giddily.