Eighteen

AN: Trigger Warning: Drug use and addiction mentioned

-*-

Sebastian

AN: 10 years ago (Age 16)

Pineview is an all boys school in Vermont. I've been trained to play soccer there because most of the popular boys do that sport. Though it's an all boys school, there's an all girls school  nearby called Spring Valley. A lot of the guys date girls from there and we have school dance events with them. I'm sort of in an on-again and off-again relationship with a girl from Spring Valley. Her name is Maddie. We're currently off but we still hookup sometimes. Probably not the best idea because we've still got some feelings for one another but you know, yolo and all that.

I received a memo, by a pigeon shaped drone I might add, that I need to either get back with her or move on to another target. I probably should pick another target to date because Maddie and I aren't the most stable. We are the type who try to make the other jealous when we're apart. I should look for a relationship that doesn't require mind games with my girlfriend. But Maddie has a really huge pool. She also loves to 69. Those are some pretty great perks of dating her if you ask me.

I'm currently smoking weed with my friends Tanner and Alex. Though they're my targets as well, they're also my actual friends. We smoke weed on Saturday nights in the parking lot of Walmart. There's one about 10 miles from campus. We sneak out and Uber there, using Tanner's debit card, and get driven back to campus by Alex's personal driver. I don't wanna risk paying for it because then my dad could learn i'm goofing off during the mission.

He still has access to my current bank account because i'm under 18. Plus he would be pissed if he learned i'm actually friends with my targets. He thinks even friendships with other agents are a waste of time. I couldn't disagree more. I don't always have to extract info from them. Sometimes we just hang out. We go to school all day and then play soccer afterwards so i'm pretty comfortable around them.

"I think Kenya wants me to take her to the homecoming dance." Tanner brags. Alex and I just laugh.

"You're delusional man. She's definitely gay. I'm pretty sure she's got a girlfriend." I say.

"No way?" Tanner gasps. I nod and pat his back.

"Actually I think she's pansexual." Alex corrects.

"So i've got a chance?" Tanner perks up.

Apparently he's had a crush on her since middle school.

"Oh fuck no. You have zero chance regardless of her sexuality." Alex comments. He takes a hit of our joint and passes it to me.

"For your information, I'm quite liked by the other girls at Spring Valley."

"It'd be like if Amandla Stenberg and Pete Davidson got together. Very different ideologies and very different vibes."

"Hey man, opposites attract."

"Bullshit. Opposites do not attract. Maybe in shitty books and movies but in real, we end up with people like us. I read a psych paper about it. Botwin and Figueredo."