Seventeen

Fiona

AN: 10 years ago (Age 16)

As someone who has been on high stakes missions before, I can say with 100% certainty that being a high school student at Greenwood Country Day School is on the same level. It's an expensive college prep school so everyone is gunning for Ivies and building up the best resumé they can. Most of the students here are the children of celebrities, billionaires, and famous athletes. A small few attend on academic or athletic scholarships, like me. I've been attending here for a year now but i've already gotten the hang of things. I became co-team captain of the Swim Team and becoming their friends made me popular. I've also joined the spirit cheerleading team to increase my likeability. It's surprisingly not hard to do both because the cheer team rarely practices. We do the same couple of cheers at each game so there's no reason to really meet.

The school part of the mission is easy as well. The education i got through the Rex youth program makes what we do at Greenwood seem like a walk in the park. I also have always enjoyed school so i don't mind the AP classes. My favorites are probably AP Psych and AP Stat.

Homecoming is in two weeks and some of the girls in my friend group are stressing about getting dates. I couldn't care less about the dance or finding a date, but my mission is to infiltrate and observe so I've got to attend and keep up my social status. I've got my eye on Kyle Werther. He's newly single, but his ex goes to a different school so I won't have to worry about running into her at the dance. He's also the son of a B list actor so he's a useful target. He plays soccer so I'm waiting for him outside of the field. When practice is over he walks out with his friends.

"Hey Kyle. Come here." I call out.

"Oh hey Fiona." He greets as he approaches me. His friends wait off to the side.

"Wanna be my homecoming date?"

"Wait what?"

"Be my date. We're both single, so why not."

"Oh um, Ok. I'm down. But uh, could i still do the whole proposal sign thing? The guys will totally make fun of me if they found out you asked me."

Teenage boys are so stupid. They let masculinity and pride run their lives. Who the fuck cares that a girl asked a guy to the dance?

"Your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks...Need a ride home?"

"Sure."

I live alone in a home the agency uses to house agents doing missions nearby. I'm currently the only one stationed here so i've been living alone.

"Are your parents not home?" He asks as he pulls into the driveway.

"No my mom is at work right now." I reply.

In reality, the agent who poses as my fake mom only flies in when there's a PTA meeting or if i've got a swim meet.

"Wanna come in?" I ask with a smirk. He nodes his head with a shy smile.

He's shy around me. He must think I'm hot. I've totally got this in the bag.

"We're just hanging out though. No sex."