Twenty Three

Fiona

I readjust my rebreather and dive into the water after Sebastian. We're looking for a secret cave. Based on the intel from the mission file, the cave leads to a secret hideout. We're supposed to track down and assassinate the Rex mole that lives there. Apparently they've been giving out information to a rival agency. Sebastian keeps stopping to look at fish that swim by us. He's slowing us down and it's annoying me.  The agency mapped out a path for us to swim to arrive at the cave as quick as possible. The Rex rebreathers can last 4 hours and we need enough oxygen to get us there and back.

He veers off the path again to look at an octopus. He points his headlight at it and sticks his arm out to touch it. I slap his hand down and gesture at him to get back on the path. He pretends to reach for something in his pocket before flipping me off. Then he does it with the next hand. He then swims up to the octopus and tries to communicate with it. We literally have one job to do but he insists on taking his sweet time.

Why can't he just run on my schedule and do what i want?

The octopus wraps a tentacle around his bicep and swims closer. Then it lets go and swims around Sebastian. Sebastian makes sure not to shine the light in it's eye but still moves it around for the octopus to follow. The octopus wraps his arms around him once more and bobs it head side to side.

I think they're genuinely playing together.

It lets go again and starts to swim around to follow the light. I roll my eyes as they mess around. After a few minutes i pull the plug on their fun. I sign for Sebastian to follow me and swim. He flips me off again but finally gets back on the path.

We make it to the cave and he helps me up the cliff edge into the cave. He pulls me up by my arm and grabs my waist to set me down. We take off our masks and stash them in the waterproof pack we have on our backs. I pull weapons out of mine. After strapping some knives to me, i load my guns and walk forward. Sebastian keeps pace behind me. The mole lives here to evade his enemies so he'll be hidden somewhere deep inside.

We creep inside and seek out a security guard to take down. We're not supposed to leave any survivors. I get the first one and take him down with a kick to the head. I pull out my gun with the attached silencer and shoot him right between the eyes. The nearby guard who overheard the noise is taken down by Sebastian. Sebastian gets him before he even walks in the doorway. I stomp forward and head for the staircase. I shoot the guard on the left post and the one on the right runs up as his body falls. I aim at him as well. I get him in the shoulder as he tries to dodge. I'm able to shoot him in the throat the next time so he drops dead.

Sebastian fights with another guard who comes from the kitchen. He picks up a vase and smashes it over the guards head. Then he tackles him and starts punching. After he's been knocked out Sebastian pulls out a knife and slit the guard's throat. He wipes the blood off on the man's shirt and pockets the knife.

We ascend the stairs and deal with the two guards at the top. I kick my opponent down the steps and shoot him after he falls to the bottom. Sebastian snaps his opponent's neck and shoves him off the side of the balcony. We move down the hallway toward the Mole's bedroom. Dealing with the guards there is relatively easy. Although, one of them is able to get me in a headlock so i take the gun out of his holster and shot him in the foot. I finish him off and we make our way to the bedroom.

Inside, the main target is already armed. I'm sure he heard some of the ruckus when we took down his guards. He's a Rex agent so he's a better fighter than most of his security guards. Still, it's two against one. I lead the attack and knock away his weapon. He swings at me but I dodge and go in for a punch for his gut. He grabs my wrist and pulls me forward to head butt me. I stumble back while Sebastian moves in with a kick to his side. His attack lands and he follows it up with a kick to the legs. When the Target is on the ground, Sebastian moves in closer for a punch but is kicked backward.