Chapter 6

The wind is blowing very fast, and there is a high chance of rain.

Just like the previous few nights, Ishika was waiting under her office building for Ujjwal to arrive. But Ujjwal hadn’t shown up yet. Ishika called him, but he didn’t pick up. She called two more times, but again, no answer from Ujjwal.

Ishika was starting to get anxious. As time passed, her worry grew, and dark thoughts began to cloud her mind.

She started fearing that Shashank might have harmed Ujjwal. Her breathing quickened, and her heart began to race.

She immediately called Prachi, asking her to check with Mayank about when Ujjwal had left the office. Prachi found out that Ujjwal and Mayank had left the office together.

So, why hadn’t Ujjwal reached Ishika yet? Everyone was wondering the same. With a shaky voice, Ishika said, "I hope Shashank hasn’t done anything to Ujjwal." She was on the verge of tears.

Now, even Mayank began to worry because he knew Shashank was capable of anything. Mayank told Ishika that he would come and help find Ujjwal. After that, he hung up the call.

Ishika kept her eyes fixed on the road, hoping Ujjwal would arrive safe and sound. There was a bench nearby, but she couldn’t sit. She kept calling Ujjwal repeatedly, but he still wasn’t answering.

*lightning*

It had started to rain heavily, accompanied by strong winds. Ishika, Mayank, and Prachi were all deeply worried about Ujjwal.

Mayank tried calling Ujjwal too, but he didn’t pick up. Driving from their office to Ishika’s office, Mayank hoped to find some clue about Ujjwal’s whereabouts.

There were many cars on the road, and Ishika spotted one that looked like Ujjwal’s. She felt a brief moment of relief, but the car didn’t stop by her and drove past.

When she looked at the number plate, she realized it was different. Ishika sank back into her ocean of thoughts, fearing that Shashank might have harmed Ujjwal.

Ishika had been standing for so long now. To make matters worse, her period had just started, and she didn’t have a pad with her.

The cramps were becoming unbearable, and she couldn’t stand anymore. Her light-colored leggings were starting to stain. Now, she was dealing with both physical and emotional pain.

The cold wind and rain made her shiver. Tears filled her eyes.

Meanwhile, Mayank had reached halfway but saw a sign that read “Road Under Development.” He realized Ujjwal must have taken a different route, like everyone else, which had caused the delay. That alternate route would likely have heavy traffic.

Mayank immediately called Ishika to inform her, and she felt a bit relieved, thinking that perhaps traffic was the reason for Ujjwal’s delay.

Ishika quickly went to a nearby medical store to buy pads.

Mayank confirmed that there was indeed a traffic jam on the alternate route.

In the fierce wind, Ishika’s umbrella had long since been damaged, and she was completely soaked. The period cramps made it even harder for her to stand.

Once again, Ishika spotted a car that looked like Ujjwal’s. This time, the number plate matched. Ishika’s heart leaped with joy as Ujjwal’s car stopped near her. She quickly opened the door and sat inside.

Seeing Ujjwal safe and sound brought Ishika immense relief. She was breathing heavily and immediately began kissing Ujjwal’s face over and over.

Ujjwal could feel the love and care in her kisses. Ishika wiped away her tears.

Ujjwal apologized for being late. He explained that the road was under construction, so he had to take a different route, which was heavily congested.

Ishika asked, "Why weren’t you answering my calls?" Ujjwal replied that he had left his phone behind at the office and realized it only when he got stuck in traffic.

Ishika’s heartbeat finally returned to normal. She told Ujjwal, “I called you so many times, and when you didn’t answer, I got so scared. I thought Shashank had hurt you. I even asked Mayank to come to find you.”

Ujjwal could see that Ishika was drenched, shivering as she spoke, and her voice revealed how distressed and upset she had been. Ujjwal held her hand and apologized.

Ujjwal couldn’t bear to see Ishika so upset and asked her to smile. Ishika smiled, and Ujjwal loved the way her smile looked.

Ujjwal then called Mayank, explained everything, and apologized for causing him so much worry. Mayank, on the other end, said, “Since when do friends apologize?”

Mayank then headed home.

*lightning*

Ishika and Ujjwal finally reached home, and Ujjwal parked the car. As Ishika stepped out, Ujjwal noticed a bloodstain on the seat where Ishika had been sitting. He realized that she had gotten her period.

Ujjwal sat in the living room, waiting for Ishika, who had gone to the bathroom to freshen up and put on a pad. Ujjwal felt guilty because, due to him, Ishika had to stand for so long in the rain while dealing with her period.

The pain she had been in was evident in the way she kissed him earlier, and her tear-filled eyes were making his heart sink.

A little later, Ishika came out, wearing fresh kurti and leggings.

In a soft voice, Ujjwal asked her, “How is the pain in your lower abdomen now?” Ishika wondered how Ujjwal knew. Ujjwal said, “I saw the blood on the seat where you were sitting.”

He asked again if she was still in pain. Ishika nodded her head. Gently, Ujjwal hugged her, and Ishika had been waiting for just that.

She felt comforted in his arms. Ujjwal apologized again for everything she had to endure because of him today. Ishika forgave him.

Without breaking the hug, Ishika tilted her head up, indirectly demanding forehead kiss, and he did. Ujjwal’s lips lingered on Ishika’s forehead for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly vote and comment.