Chapter 20 : Pink kurti

Ishika, on her way home in the evening, stops by a nearby clothing store to buy a new kurti for herself.

She sees a lot of kurtis and asks the salesperson, "Show me a kurti in my size."

The salesperson shows her various kurtis in different colors and designs.

She likes the design of a pink kurti, but it’s a size too large for her.

She goes into the trial room to try it on. As she takes off her kurti, her attention falls on the love bites on her belly, and she remembers what had happened earlier that afternoon, making her feel butterflies in her stomach again.

In the mirror, she notices her cheeks are as pink as the kurti.

She likes the kurti. She steps out of the trial room.

Even though the kurti is too big, she decides to buy it, thinking she can get it tailored to fit her properly.

She notices that since it’s Sunday, the store is quite crowded.

She makes the payment and leaves the store.

She reaches home. Ujjwal is sitting in the living room.

"I bought a new kurti. I’ll wear it and show you. You tell me how the design looks," Ishika says excitedly.

"Ok" He replies with a smile, seeing her excitement.

Ishika is so eager to show him the design that she decides to change in the bedroom instead of the bathroom.

Ujjwal thinks Ishika is very excited to show him the kurti, so he decides to wait for her in the bedroom to see the design as soon as she comes out.

Ujjwal heads toward the bedroom.

Ishika takes off her kurti and places it on the bed.

Just then, Ujjwal enters the bedroom and sees Ishika standing there in just her bra and leggings.

When Ishika realizes Ujjwal is in the room, she lowers her gaze.

"I thought you were changing in the bathroom, sorry," Ujjwal says and quickly leaves the room.

Ishika’s heart starts racing. She wonders how she will face him now.

Even though she’s still wearing her leggings and Ujjwal had already seen her belly earlier today, she feels nervous because he saw her upper body in just a bra.

She puts on the new kurti, but now her legs feel weak, and she can barely move.

She slowly walks out of the bedroom.

Ujjwal, sitting in the living room, sees her walking toward him with her head down, clutching her kurti with both hands as she nervously approaches.

She stops in front of him, still looking down. He realizes she’s feeling nervous.

"Look up, Ishika," Ujjwal says.

She doesn’t look up.

Ujjwal hugs her. Since she had clenched her fists in her kurti, when he hugged her, her hands stayed straight, meaning she couldn’t hug him back even if she wanted to.

He gently lifts her face with one hand, and she closes her eyes, which Ujjwal notices.

For a few moments, he just gazes at her face, thinking how beautiful she is.

He kisses her forehead.

"Open your eyes."

But she still doesn’t open them.

He then kisses her on her left cheek.

"As long as you don’t open your eyes, I’ll keep kissing you," he says playfully.

Then he kisses her right cheek.

She still doesn’t open her eyes.

He kisses her right next to her lips to tease her.

Then he softly kisses her left eye, then her right.

Finally, Ishika slowly opens her eyes, but still looks down.

"How d-does the kurti look?" she asks in a soft voice.

Ujjwal breaks the hug and steps back to get a full look at her.

"It looks good, and the design is very nice."

Ishika gathers the courage to look into his eyes.

"But this kurti is a little too big for you," he says.

"Yes, because-"

"Oh… So you bought this oversized kurti so I can slip inside it like I did this afternoon, huh?" Ujjwal teases.

Ishika shakes her head in denial.

"I liked the color and design, so I thought I’d get it altered later," she explains.

"You don’t have to lie, Ishika," he says playfully.

Ishika, feeling a bit embarrassed, shakes her head again.

"Then tell me, why are your cheeks so pink?" he asks.

"Where?" Ishika asks innocently.

"Look," Ujjwal says, turning on the front camera of his phone and showing her.

Ishika is surprised to see that her cheeks really have turned pink. She thinks it must be from all the kisses Ujjwal gave her earlier, but how could she admit that to him?

Ujjwal already knows why her cheeks are pink, and he also knows that she bought the oversized kurti just for its beautiful design.

"Tell me, Ishika," Ujjwal says as he hugs her again.

"It’s because of the k-kisses you gave me," she whispers.

"I didn’t hear you, Ishika," Ujjwal says teasingly.

"Nothing," Ishika says, unable to repeat it.

Ujjwal silently looks at her pink cheeks, enchanted by them.

"What happened?" she asks softly.

"Tell your cheeks to stop tempting me," Ujjwal says, looking into her eyes.

"What do you mean?" Ishika asks innocently.

"I mean-" Ujjwal starts to say, but stops mid-sentence as he tries to step back, only to realize that Ishika’s hands, which had been clutching her kurti earlier, are now unintentionally gripping his shirt tightly.

Ishika realizes she’s unknowingly grabbed his shirt with a firm hold. She quickly lets go and nervously says, "I don’t know when I grabbed it without realizing."

"Do you know what that means, Ishika?"

Ishika shakes her head.

"It means you want me to…" Ujjwal deliberately stops mid-sentence, teasing her again.

Ishika gulps.

___________________________________________