Chapter 23: Favourite Place

It's been a week since Ishika started applying the cream prescribed by her dermatologist.

All the itch marks and pimples have disappeared. Ishika is very happy with the results.

It's 8 PM, and Ishika, smiling, tells Ujjwal that all her pimples and itch marks are gone.

"Hmm," he smiles.

"Ishika, we need to leave in half an hour."

"Yes, I’m just about to get ready," Ishika says as she heads to get dressed.

A little later, Ishika comes out of the bathroom, ready. She's wearing a burgundy colour kurti and leggings.

She notices Ujjwal standing in front of the mirror, applying oil to his hair.

He's wearing a maroon colour shirt. Ishika’s attention is drawn to his shirt, where the top three buttons are open, revealing his chest.

She can't help but stare at his chest.

Ujjwal, noticing Ishika frozen in place through the corner of his eye, looks at her. He realizes where she's looking.

Ujjwal coughs.

Ishika thinks he has caught her staring and quickly lowers her gaze in embarrassment.

"What happened, Ishika?" he asks playfully.

"N-Nothing," she stammers.

"Come here,"

Ishika clenches her kurti in her fists and slowly walks toward him, standing with her head lowered.

"Come closer."

Ishika steps closer.

"Look up, Ishika."

Now, her face is level with his chest. She looks up into his eyes.

"What were you looking at, Ishika?" Ujjwal teases.

"I-I was just thinking about something else, I don’t know where I was looking," Ishika lies.

"Are you telling the truth?"

Embarrassed, Ishika can't answer.

"Your cheeks have turned pink, you're blushing, Ishika."

Ishika closes her eyes. Ujjwal gently kisses her pink cheeks, sending shivers through her body, and she tightly grips his shirt. She enjoys how close he is to her.

"Are you ready?"

Opening her eyes, Ishika replies, "Just give me two more minutes."

"Okay"

Then they both get into the car, and Ujjwal starts driving.

Ujjwal is taking Ishika to a special place today- his favorite spot.

The place is outside the city. Before reaching there, they have to drive along a long road lined with tall trees on both sides.

They leave the city behind and enter the forested road. Ishika gazes out the window, enjoying the view.

There's a roadside eatery connected to this road.

"On our way back, we’ll eat here,"

"Okay, Kumar," Ishika says excitedly. She's really enjoying this night drive.

Ujjwal smiles, seeing her excitement.

After some time, they arrive at their destination. Ujjwal parks the car, and they both step out.

A cool breeze blows, and Ishika crosses her arms over her chest for warmth.

They walk a little further and reach a bridge. Below the bridge flows a beautiful river.

The view is mesmerizing.

"Many ships pass through this river, but there’s one particular cruise ship I really like," Ujjwal says, as Ishika listens with a smile.

"That cruise ship only passes by here once a year. For the past three years, I’ve been coming here to see it pass by."

Ishika can hear the happiness in his voice.

"The ship isn't passing today, but I really wanted to show you this place, so we came," Ujjwal says.

"It's such a beautiful place," Ishika says, looking around.

In the middle is the wide, long river, with tall trees on either side and a large bridge above. The sky is filled with the moon and stars.

Currently, the river is flowing calmly.

They both stand there for half an hour, admiring the beautiful view, before heading back home.

On the way, they stop at the roadside eatery for dinner. The eatery is quite open, with a large roof made of metal sheets.

They sit at a table and place their order. The cool breeze continues to blow.

The food arrives, and they enjoy their meal. The surroundings are peaceful and beautiful, making the experience even more enjoyable.

After finishing their meal, they get back in the car and drive home.

___________________________________________