Chapter 26: Hiding herself

Ujjwal, who had been looking for her, smiles as Ishika walks up to him.

Ujjwal was just about to ask Ishika something when his brother, Anay, and sister-in-law, Swara, arrived.

"Ishika, how are you?" Swara hugs Ishika, and she hugs back.

"I'm fine," Ishika lies.

Anay and Ujjwal shake hands, and the four of them exchange pleasantries.

"After the function, both of you are coming to our home," Ujjwal tells Anay and Swara.

"We can't, there's an important meeting at the office tomorrow," Anay says, shaking his head.

"Okay, then stay at our place tonight, you can head your home tomorrow morning." Ujjwal insists, determined not to back down.

"He's asking so sweetly, we should go," Swara says, persuading Anay.

"Fine," Anay agrees.

Meanwhile, Ishika keeps glancing around, anxious that Surbhi might see her. She fears that if Surbhi sees her, she'll start badmouthing her again.

Ishika can't bring herself to tell Ujjwal about her worries and fears.

Ujjwal's cousins call Ishika over to join their conversation. Nervously, she goes to them, afraid they might also make fun of her appearance.

Vihaan receives a call from an unknown number.

"Hello," a deep voice on the other end says.

"Hello, who’s this?" Vihaan asks.

"I've heard that things aren't good between you and Ujjwal."

Vihaan glances around, wondering who could’ve found out so quickly about his argument with Ujjwal.

"Who are you?" Vihaan tries to identify the voice but can't figure it out.

"I can help you hurt Ujjwal," the voice says, the intent to cause harm clear in his tone.

"How?" Vihaan asks, curious about the offer.

"You're at a family function, right?"

"Yes... how do you know that?" Vihaan panics.

"I have some photos. I'm sending them to you. All you have to do is send them to your elderly relatives," the voice says eagerly.

*Notification ring*

Vihaan, still on the call, checks the photos. As he sees them, he smirks, realizing the chaos that’s about to unfold.

"When did Ishika cheat on Ujjwal?" Vihaan asks curiously.

"The photos are fake."

Hearing this, Vihaan feels disappointed, realizing his plan to disturb Ujjwal might fail.

"What will we do with this? Will anyone believe it?" Vihaan’s excitement fades.

"You and I know they’re fake, but your relatives don’t. Besides, the photos look pretty realistic," the voice explains.

"Yeah, you’re right," Vihaan’s excitement returns, even stronger than before.

"When the chaos begins, make sure to record everything and send it to me," the voice instructs.

"Okay, but who are you?" Vihaan can’t contain his curiosity any longer, who the person is that’s so determined to ruin Ujjwal.

Vihaan screams, "Ahhhh!" when the caller hangs up without revealing his identity.