Chapter 5

Y/N walked through the bustling halls of the headquarters, her curiosity piqued. She was about to meet Light Yagami, a name that had come up repeatedly in her investigations. L had mentioned that Light was a key player in the Kira case, and Y/N was eager to see for herself what kind of person he was.

As they approached the meeting room, Y/N glanced over at L. "So, what's the deal with this Light Yagami guy? What's his connection to Kira?"

L's eyes remained focused ahead as he spoke. "Light Yagami is Chief Yagami's son. He's been heavily involved in the Kira case, working closely with his father. He's known for being exceptionally intelligent and calm under pressure."

Y/N nodded, absorbing the information. "Sounds like someone who knows how to handle high-stress situations. I'm curious to see if he lives up to the reputation."

They entered the meeting room, and Y/N's eyes fell on a young man standing by the window. Light Yagami turned to face them, his demeanor calm and confident. His smile was easy, almost charming, and his posture was relaxed.

"Ah, L," Light said smoothly, his voice carrying a hint of familiarity. "I didn't expect you to bring someone new. And you must be Y/N. Nice to meet you."

L's expression remained unreadable. "Light."

Y/N offered a friendly smile, noting the casual, almost flirtatious tone in Light's voice. "Hi, Light. I've heard a lot about you. It's nice to finally meet in person."

Light's gaze was warm, but there was a sharpness in his eyes that belied his calm demeanor. "Likewise. I've heard quite a bit about you too. I'm glad we're finally meeting."

Y/N noticed how Light seemed to balance charm and confidence effortlessly. There was a magnetic quality about him that made it clear he was used to being in the spotlight. She couldn't help but feel a bit of intrigue.

"So, Light," Y/N began as they settled into their seats, "I understand you're deeply involved in the Kira case. How did you end up in this position?"

Light's smile remained steady. "I've always had a keen interest in justice and criminology. When Kira appeared, it felt natural for me to contribute, especially with my father's role in the case. I want to help in any way I can."

Y/N tilted her head slightly, her curiosity piqued. "That's interesting. Kira's motives have a lot to do with justice, so it makes sense you'd be involved. What's your take on the situation?"

Light's eyes met hers, and Y/N could sense a calculating edge beneath his charm. "I believe we need to be thorough in our approach. Kira's sense of justice is complex and dangerous. It's crucial we understand his motives to catch him."

As Light spoke, Y/N's mind raced. The way Light spoke about justice was eerily similar to how Kira had justified his actions. Y/N's eyes narrowed slightly as she considered the implications.

"So, Light," Y/N said, trying to sound casual but with an underlying edge of curiosity, "Kira has also mentioned justice as one of his main motives. Do you think that's something we should be paying closer attention to?"

Light's gaze flickered momentarily before he maintained his composed demeanor. "It's certainly a crucial aspect. Understanding his sense of justice could provide insights into his next moves."

L, who had been observing the talk closely, finally spoke. "We're monitoring all aspects of the investigation, including your involvement, Light. Any insights you provide will be considered carefully. Unless you're the insight." He gave light a suspicious look.

Y/N laughed.

Light nodded, his smile never wavering. "Of course. I'm committed to assisting in any way I can. And I want to gain your trust, anything it takes."

As the meeting drew to a close, Y/N couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Light than met the eye. His calm, charming demeanor was starting to feel like a carefully constructed facade.

When they left the meeting room, Y/N glanced at L. "So, what do you think of Light?"

L's expression remained neutral, but there was a hint of contemplation in his eyes. "He's certainly competent and has a strong grasp on the case, but we'll need to watch him closely."

Y/N nodded, feeling a sense of anticipation. "I agree. There's definitely something weird about him. I'll be keeping a close eye on Light Yagami."

As they walked through the headquarters, Y/N's thoughts were occupied with Light. There was an undeniable connection between his views on justice and the motives of Kira. Which kept loops.

A/N~ Guys I swear this will get interesting!!! Keep reading.