Chapter 27 - A Plea For Help

This time, neither Chun Feng nor Chun Shui stepped forward to assist.

Bai Jingxian neither responded nor refused; the only sound in the room was Wang Momo's kowtowing.

After a long while, Bai Jingxian took out a black pill and displayed it in her hand. 

"Take this, and I will do as you wish." She extended her hand, holding a black-glowing pill. "This is a poison pill. Should you harbor thoughts of betraying me, you will turn into blood and gore. Whether or not you can be reborn is unknown, but you will definitely have no place to rest in the afterlife."

Wang Momo looked up at the black-glowing pill and, without a second thought, took a few steps forward while kneeling, grabbing the pill and swallowing it.

"I would never betray my master."

Bai Jingxian was taken aback by her action; it seemed that the old lady was quite important to her.

Just right, she needed more hands. "Very well, I will have Chun Feng accompany you to see her. She too must take my poison pill. Do you agree?"

"I agree, I agree. As long as my elder sister can live, I am willing to do anything the master asks," Wang Momo said, her greatest wish being her sister's survival.

Having lost her family, her sister was all she had. They had relied on each other for years, and neither wanted to see the other die.

If there was a chance, she would save her.

"Chun Feng, take the pill and go with Wang Momo," Bai Jingxian said with a glance. Chun Feng nodded subtly and then stepped forward to take the pill.

The four palace maids had already taken the pill.

Even Xiao Li had not missed out.

The master said that as long as they did not betray her or speak ill of her, the poison would never act up, so there was nothing to fear.

"Thank you, Your Ladyship, thank you, Your Ladyship." Wang Momo kowtowed in gratitude again.

Her sister was saved; she was saved.

This black pill had been discovered by accident. Originally, she had carefully hidden a bottle of birth pills, but one day, the jade bottle containing the birth pills split to reveal another jade bottle.

It was labeled "Poison Pill," with the effect of controlling the heart, turning one into blood and gore once activated.

Such ambition led her to feed it to the emperor during their pleasurable moments, but unfortunately, it did nothing to him and only caused him to suffer from diarrhea. (Translator: What??? LOL)

Fortunately, the pill was infinite; taking one would regrow another.

Unexpectedly, the birth pills hadn't been used, but this thing had been used quite a few times.

Although she did not understand how this golden finger appeared, she was no longer fighting alone and now had some confidence.

On the other side, Chun Feng, accompanying Wang Momo, noticed that the path was becoming increasingly obscure. It was only when they reached a palace wall that Chun Feng realized where they had arrived.

"Wang Momo, is the person you mentioned a convict?" After all, this was the penal quarters, where all those who had committed crimes or offended the palace were held.

Wang Momo's eyes flickered; she knew how awkward her sister's status was. "Miss Chun Feng, please don't be anxious. My sister is not a bad person. She was just sent here because she offended someone."