Chapter 9

(Night)

At night, Ishika and Ujjwal were in the bedroom when Ujjwal said in cold voice, "Now it's time for your punishment. Close your eyes and put your hands forward."

Ishika did as he said. Ujjwal placed something soft in her hands and said, "You can open your eyes now." When she opened them, she saw two night suits.

Ujjwal explained, "You always wear a knee-length, full-sleeved kurti at night, so I brought you this half-sleeved night suit so you can sleep more comfortably."

Ishika's heart filled with emotion, thinking about how much Ujjwal had thought about her comfort. The night suit consisted of a top and pants, but the top wasn't knee-length, which made her anxious.

She worried that Ujjwal would notice her thick thighs. The thought of how he might react made her nervous. Ishika wondered if Ujjwal expected his wife to be slim, and here she was, far from it.

Ujjwal encouraged her, "Try it on." Ishika went to the bathroom and changed into the night suit. It fit her perfectly, but she was hesitant to step outside.

Summoning her courage, she finally walked out of the bathroom. Ujjwal looked her up and down and asked if the night suit fit properly. Ishika nodded her head.

Wearing the night suit, Ishika became quite self-conscious and kept adjusting her top.

She couldn't bring herself to make eye contact with Ujjwal since this was the first time in three years she was wearing a top that wasn't knee-length, making her feel uncomfortable.

Ishika expected to see disappointment or disgust on Ujjwal's face, but his expression remained normal.

She thought about how Ujjwal hadn't said anything negative about her thick thighs, and how he had never commented on her chubby body or her dark skin.

Ishika felt lucky to have a husband like him.

She remembered how her aunt had once looked her up and down and told her and her mother, "Ishika is not only dark, but she's gotten chubby too. Who will marry her? Even if someone does, he will never love her. He might kick her out of the house after a few days of marriage."

After hearing such harsh things from her relatives about her body, Ujjwal's acceptance of her meant world to Ishika. That's why she kept observing his reactions closely.

She also recalled how her aunt had added that Ishika would have to keep her husband happy, or he might throw her out for being chubby. This had deeply saddened her mother.

Ishika decided that tomorrow, she would try to make him happy by making love.

Meanwhile, Ujjwal was lost in his own world. A new video game had been released the day before, which he had bought today, and he was excited to play it. Despite being an adult, he still loved video games.

With a smile on his face, Ujjwal searched for the game in his bag. Seeing him smile, Ishika wondered what was making him so happy.

Ujjwal took the game out of the bag, showed it to Ishika, and said, "Tonight, I'm going to stay up late playing this new video game. Don't worry, I'll keep the screen brightness low so it won't disturb your sleep."

Ishika smiled and said, "okay"

Ujjwal inserted the game into his console and started playing.

Around 2 AM, Ujjwal finally got into bed. He couldn't find his water bottle in the dark, so he switched on the bedside lamp. Finding the bottle on the floor, he placed it in its proper spot.

Just as he was about to turn off the light, he looked at Ishika. She was lying on her back, her face towards the ceiling, and a few strands of her hair were swirling around her cheeks because of the air. "Prettiest," Ujjwal said softly.

He turned off the light and went to sleep.

---

(The Next Night)

The entire day, Ishika thought about how she would talk to Ujjwal.

When Ujjwal was putting his bank passbook back in the cupboard, Ishika mustered the courage to approach him. She had decided that today she would make him happy.

After closing the cupboard, Ujjwal turned around and saw Ishika standing there.

Ishika said to Ujjwal, "I need to talk to you."

Ujjwal replied, "Yes, go ahead."

Looking down, Ishika said, "I'm ready."

Ujjwal understood what she was trying to say. He placed his hands on her waist and asked, "Ready for what?"

Ishika replied, "I'm ready to make
l... love."

Ujjwal gently slid his hands under her top and placed his hands on her bare waist. As soon as his hands touched her skin, a shiver ran through her body.

Ishika started breathing deeply and, to steady herself, she placed her hands on Ujjwal's chest.

She felt good. She closed her eyes.

Playfully, Ujjwal said, "I've only put my hands on your waist and you're already like this. What will happen if I take it further?"

Ishika, embarrassed, couldn't say anything. She was very close to Ujjwal. Her fragrance was testing Ujjwal's patience.

Ujjwal kissed her on the forehead and removed his hands from her waist.

He told her, "You should go to sleep. You must be tired."

Ishika lay down on the bed. She felt sad that she hadn't been able to make Ujjwal happy. The weight of her sorrow was heavier than the limit of any weight scale. Her eyes filled with tears. Bearing the sadness in her heart, she fell asleep.

Ujjwal, on the other hand, was reading amendments related to income tax.

---

(Next Morning)

The next morning, when Ujjwal spoke to Ishika, she was surprised because he was talking to her normally.

Ishika thought to herself, "I couldn't make him happy last night, but he's still talking to me so nicely."

--------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly Vote and comment.