31 - 35

Chapter 31 Coal Distribution 1

Ning Shu and the other two returned to the village together. When they arrived at the door of Xie Fuqi's house, Ning Shu said, "Qiqi and A'ran, please have dinner at my house tonight. I have something to tell you. I have to go to the captain's house now. Wait for me to come back and cook."

"Shushu, A'ran and I will cook tonight and let's eat at my house. Don't you have something to ask the captain? Go ahead." Xie Fushen said with a smile.

"Okay then. Oh, by the way, look at these things I bought and see if there is anything you need to make tonight. If there is, just take it." As he said this, he took down the backpack and placed it in front of Xie Fuqiu.

"Then I want these two bones to make soup in the evening." As he said this, he took out the bones.

Ning Shu saw that Xie Fuqi had already chosen the ingredients, so she carried the basket back and said, "I'm leaving first. See you later."

Ning Shu put the backpack back home and went out to the captain's house.

"Is anyone there?" Ning Jue shouted at the captain's door.

With a creak, the door opened, and behind the door came the captain's wife, Ma Aihua. "Xiao Shu, come in quickly. Is there anything I can help you with?" Ma Aihua enthusiastically pulled Ning Shu in through the door, asking as they walked in.

"Aunt, is my uncle here? I have something to tell him." Ning Shu asked.

"Your uncle is not here, he went to the brigade headquarters. I asked Zhenzhen to go and call him. Zhenzhen, go to the brigade headquarters and call your father. Tell him that your sister Ning wants to see him. Ask him to come back soon." Then she handed a glass of water to Ning Shu. Ning Shu took a sip of the water and found it very sweet. 'Wow, Auntie put so much sugar in it. Although it is the best to treat people with sugar water in this era, this is too sweet.' After Ning Shu put the water down, she did not drink it, but chatted with Auntie Ma instead.

Fang Zhenzhen ran to the brigade headquarters and saw her father and shouted, "Dad, please go home quickly. My sister Ning wants to see you for something."

After hearing this, the captain asked, "Did your sister Ning tell me what she wanted to talk to me about?"

"No, Dad, you'll know when you get back," he said, pulling the captain back.

"Mom, my dad is back," Ning Shu was speaking when she heard Fang Zhenzhen's voice coming from the door.

Ning Shu heard the voice and looked up, seeing the captain walking into the house.

"Xiao Shu, I heard from Zhenzhen that you were looking for me. What's wrong? Is there something?" The captain sat on the kang and said to Ning Shu.

"Uncle Fang, I have good news and wanted to ask you something." Ning Shu said with a smile.

"Oh, what good news." Fang Zhenzhen went out after hearing what Ning Shu said.

Ning Shu saw that only the captain and his wife were in the room, so he smiled and said, "Uncle Fang, do you need any coal? I went to town today, and a friend of mine said she could get a batch of coal, no tickets needed, and the quantity is a bit large, so I came to ask if you need it."

"Coal? How much can your friend get?" When the team leader heard about coal, a smile appeared on his face. Their team burned firewood and charcoal made by themselves in winter. Although he also wanted to buy coal, there were no coal tickets in the countryside, so he had to give up. Now Ning Shu told him that he could get a batch of coal, of course he wanted to keep it.