116 - 120

Chapter 116: Join the Army

The next day, Ning Shu packed up all the things she wanted to take with her, and then went to the compound to accompany her grandparents. He Mengjun thought that he didn't know when he would be back, so he said he wanted to get together with his childhood friends who stayed here.

After he told Ning Shu about this, Ning Shu didn't stop him from going, but gave him some money and tickets, and asked him to bring back all the photos he took yesterday. On the night of their wedding, He Mengjun gave all his passbooks to Ning Shu for safekeeping.

Seeing that Ning Shu was not angry that he couldn't accompany her today, He Mengjun took the pocket money given by Ning Shu and left with peace of mind.

Ning Shu was talking to her grandparents at home and cooked for them at noon. After the meal, her grandparents went to take a nap. Ning Shu also felt a little tired, so she went to her and He Mengjun's room to take a nap.

When she woke up, she went downstairs and saw her mother-in-law at home. Ning Shu was very surprised because she remembered that her mother-in-law went to work as usual today.

"Mom, aren't you at work? Why are you back at this time? Is something wrong?" She asked her mother-in-law who was sitting on the sofa and talking to her grandmother.

"It's nothing. I took a leave of absence this afternoon. You will follow Meng Jun to join the army tomorrow. I will take you to buy some things." Yao Minzhen said with a smile as she looked at her daughter-in-law who just woke up and was still a little dazed.

"Wow, that's great. I've never gone shopping with my mom. Today I'm going shopping with my grandma and mom." Ning Shu said with a happy smile.

"Okay, just tell mom what you like today and I'll buy it for you." Yao Minzhen said generously.

"I won't go. My old bones get tired after walking a few steps. I won't have fun shopping with you guys. Shushu, you and your mother go."

Grandma said as she watched the friendly atmosphere between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.

Ning Shu saw that her grandmother really didn't want to go, so she stopped trying to persuade her. She packed up and went out with her mother-in-law. This time, they first took the bus to the department store.

After entering the department store, Yao Minzhen was as happy as a fish in water. She took Ning Shu and went straight to the clothes section. She asked the salesperson to take down the nice clothes for Ning Shu to try on. If she thought they were suitable, she would buy them for Ning Shu.

After buying several pieces for Ning Shu, Ning Shu held her hand and persuaded her, "Mom, I already have enough clothes. Buy a few for you."

After that, Ning Shu found clothes suitable for her mother-in-law and asked her to try them on. She bought them when she thought they were suitable and liked them.

The salesperson next to them saw the two of them and couldn't help but praise them, "Lady, your mother is so good to you. Of course, you are also good to your mother."

After hearing what the salesperson said, Ning Shu and Yao Minzhen did not explain that they were not mother and daughter but mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. On the contrary, Yao Minzhen said happily:

"Of course not, my daughter is very good to me." Ning Shu was also very happy to see her mother-in-law showing off to the salesperson. She could feel that her mother-in-law was pampering her as if she were her daughter. Ning Shu smiled and took her mother-in-law Yao Minzhen's arm and walked to the next place.