6 - 10

Chapter 6 Gathering Supplies 5

In the morning, after Ning Shu got up and packed up, he looked at the notes and crossed out the things he had collected yesterday. He also planned what he would collect today: medicines, clothes and other daily necessities.

Ning Shu drove to the hotpot restaurant where she had eaten before and took away the packaged hotpot base and side dishes.

Ning Shu drove to the largest drugstore nearby. Since Ning Shu did not have a prescription, she could only buy some over-the-counter medicines. Ning Shu bought some cold medicines, gastrointestinal medicines, Yunnan Baiyao, etc. Since my country has strict control over medicines, Ning Shu could not buy much.

Ning Shu didn't want to go to every pharmacy to buy the medicine, so she found a friend she used to know in her address book. That friend's family owned a hospital and she opened a chain of pharmacies. Ning Shu decided to buy the medicine from her friend.

"Mengmeng, where are you now?" Ning Shu asked directly after the call was connected.

"I'm at the pharmacy, the one in the city center. What's wrong?" Liu Mengmeng said.

"Then wait for me, I have something to talk to you about." Ning Shu said happily when he heard that they were in the city center.

"OK."

Ning Shu drove towards the pharmacy where Liu Mengmeng was.

After Ning Shu got off the car and walked into the pharmacy, she found Liu Mengmeng standing next to the medicine cabinet, "Mengmeng, I'm here."

"Shushu, what do you want to talk to me about?" After hearing Ning Shu's words, Liu Mengmeng ran over and gave Ning Shu a big hug.

Ning Shu hugged Liu Mengmeng and replied, "I do have something to talk to you about, Mengmeng, are you busy right now?"

"I'm not busy. I just came over to take a look." Liu Mengmeng said as she pulled Ning Shu towards the second floor of the pharmacy, where her lounge was.

"Okay, Shushu, tell me now if there is anything you need from me." Liu Mengmeng took Ning Shu to sit on the sofa in the lounge.

"I want to buy some medicine," Ning Shu replied to Liu Mengmeng, "and I need a lot of it."

"What medicine do you want?" Liu Mengmeng asked curiously.

"I need some cold medicine, medicine for stomach discomfort, vitamins, and some painkillers." Ning Shu said.

"Then how much do you want?" Liu Mengmeng asked.

"I have 3 million here. Can I use it to buy the medicine I mentioned before?"

"3 million? Shushu, tell me honestly what you are going to do?" Liu Mengmeng was shocked.

"I dreamed of my mother last night. When I woke up in the morning, I thought about how she used to do charity work, so I wanted to buy some medicine and food and send them to the mountainous areas." Ning Shu couldn't say that she wanted to stock up on supplies, so she could only make up a reason, but this was not an excuse. If nothing really happened in two or three years, Ning Shu planned to donate the things in her space.

"Oh, so that's the case. 3 million is a bit too much. I may not be able to come up with so much medicine. I'll make a phone call first. You wait a moment." Liu Mengmeng listened to Ning Shu's words and went out to make a phone call without saying anything.

"Shushu, the only medicine I can get here is worth 1.8 million. Do you think that's okay?" Liu Mengmeng walked in after finishing the call.