46 - 70

Chapter 46: Killing Pig Dish

Butcher Guo and the other young men used hot water to remove the hair from the pig, then cut open the pig's belly and took out the heart, liver, lungs, and intestines. The heart, liver, lungs, and blood were used to make the butcher's dishes . Butcher Guo and his men used fire to burn off the hair that could not be removed from the pig, and then began to distribute the meat to the villagers .

At this time, it was the team leader's turn. He first organized the villagers to draw lots, and then lined up in the order of the draw. The team accountant verified the work points and received the pork. When drawing lots, Xie Fuqi also came.

Ning Shu and the other two drew numbers that were relatively late, and Ning Shu's number was almost in the last few. Since the three of them had their own subsidies, they were not in a hurry.

"Everyone line up and get the meat according to the order of the draw." The captain shouted from the front.

Soon, the team was lined up.

"Your family can get three pounds of meat this year. Take that piece." The brigade accountant glanced at the woman first in line and said while flipping through the work points comparison table.

"I want the fattest piece." The person said quickly, fearing that if she spoke slowly she would not get any share.

............

"Why is my number so far away? By the time it's my turn, all the good meat will have been snatched up." An aunt standing in front of Ning Shu muttered.

Soon it was Ning Shu's turn. The brigade accountant compared Ning Shu's work points and said, "Ning Zhiqing, your batch of educated youth arrived a little late this year, so you can only get half a pound of meat. Which part do you want?"

Ning Shu took a look. Because fat meat was very popular in those days and could be used to make lard, almost all the meat on the pig had been divided up. There were only a few pig trotters, some lean meat, a few large bones, and a pig head. Ning Shu thought for a while and said, "Give me more than half a pound of meat." Ning Shu pointed at the lean meat and said.

Butcher Guo quickly divided it for her. Ning Shu looked at it and asked, "Uncle Fang, can I buy some with my own money?"

The captain said to her, "You can buy it, but we can only sell it to you after everyone has shared it. Please wait a moment."

After listening to this, Ning Shu stood aside and waited for others to share the meat.

After all the meat was divided, only a pig's head, two pig's feet and two large bones were left.

"Xiao Shu, which part of the meat do you want?" The captain said to Ning Shu while looking at the remaining meat.

"Uncle Fang, is there anyone who wants to buy this? If no one wants to buy it, please sell it to me."

"It's gone, no one wants it. Are you sure you want them all?" After hearing Ning Shu's words, the captain was a little shocked.

"Well, Uncle Fang, sell them all to me. How much?" Ning Shu was about to pay when she saw the large and small intestines on the side. Ning Shu suddenly remembered the stir-fried pig intestines she had eaten before, and immediately said to the team leader: "Uncle Fang, can you sell me that large and small intestines too?"

The captain took a look at the intestines thrown aside and said, "Xiao Shu, are you sure you want this? This won't taste good when it's cooked."

"Yes, Uncle Fang, I am sure I want this, and I will do it."