141 - 145

Chapter 141 The First New Year After Joining the Army 3

Bai Qiyu took a sip of tea to warm himself up and asked, "Old He, didn't you say you were writing Spring Festival couplets? How is it going? Let's post it when you're done."

"On that table over there, Shushu and I each wrote a piece to see who wrote better. You two came here just as we finished. Okay, let's go and see which one we will use." He Mengjun said, pointing to a table not far away.

"Oh, you and your sister-in-law have written it? Let's go and take a look." Zhou Lin was also very interested when he heard what He Mengjun said. He walked towards the table, and He Mengjun also supported Ning Shu and walked over there.

When they came to the table, Bai Qiyu and Zhou Lin both looked at it. There were two couplets on it. The content was the same, but the fonts were different. One was regular script , and the other was running script.

Bai Qiyu glanced at them for a few seconds and then turned to look at the couple on the side. "Which one did you write? Which one was written by your sister-in-law?"

"The regular script was written by me, and the running script was written by Shushu. Which one do you think is better?" He Mengjun told the truth, and then began to ask the two people for their opinions.

"Well, I still think that your sister-in-law's running script is better. It is like flowing clouds and running water, elegant yet powerful, which makes people feel comfortable when reading it. Although your regular script is also very good, at this time, I always feel that your sister-in-law's calligraphy is more suitable to be posted on the door." Bai Qiyu praised after looking at it carefully.

"I think so too, second brother, why do I feel that my sister-in-law's calligraphy seems to be better than yours?" Zhou Lin asked curiously after reading the words. In fact, what he said was not wrong. After He Mengjun joined the army, he was still an ordinary soldier in the past few years. He was busy with training, going to the battlefield, and performing tasks every day.

He had no chance to practice. After he became the head of the regiment, he was even busier every day, so he hadn't practiced for a long time; Ning Shu practiced calligraphy since she was a child in her previous life. After coming to this world, she often practiced in the space, so her handwriting was better than He Mengjun's.

"Well, after joining the army, I was too busy to practice calligraphy, so it fell into this state," He Mengjun explained. "Okay, then let's put up the one written by Shushu. There's a stove over there. I'll get some noodles and you two can make the paste." After saying that, He Mengjun pointed to the coal stove next to the sofa.

"Okay." Zhou Lin and Bai Qiyu agreed. After He Mengjun took out the noodles and the pot from the kitchen, the two sat aside to cook the paste.

He Mengjun walked over to Ning Shu who was still writing couplets. Ning Shu wrote four more couplets, one for the kitchen, two bedrooms, and the living room. After finishing, Ning Shu looked at the extra red paper on the side and said, "Brother Mengjun, let's cut some more paper-cuts and paste them on the windows."

"Okay, but I don't know how to cut paper-cuts," He Mengjun touched his nose embarrassedly.

"It's okay. I'll teach you." So Ning Shu began to teach He Mengjun how to cut. Fortunately, He Mengjun was very smart and learned it quickly. The two of them cut the remaining red paper into window grilles.

After the window paper-cuts were cut and the paste was ready, several people started to paste the couplets and window decorations. With strength in numbers, they finished in a short while.