186 - 190

Chapter 186 Ning Shu Delivery Room

Time passed by, the door of the delivery room was closed, and He Mengjun's heartbeat accelerated as time passed. He imagined what Ning Shu might be going through at the moment, and his heart was filled with longing and worry for her.

He knew that no matter when Ning Shu came out, he would be the first to greet her and give her the warmest hug and the most firm support.

The door of the delivery room slowly opened, as if it was the gate of time, releasing a tense and expectant atmosphere. The doctor and the nurse carefully pushed Ning Shu's bed. She lay there with her eyes closed and a pale and tired face. He Mengjun's heart suddenly tightened. He almost trotted forward, with a worried light in his eyes.

His gaze stayed on Ning Shu's face for a moment, then he turned to the doctor and asked in a trembling voice with a barely perceptible tremor, "Doctor, what's wrong with my wife?" His eyes were full of timidity and nervousness, which was a fear of the unknown future and a deep concern for his wife's safety.

After hearing what He Mengjun said, the doctor smiled slightly, revealing a sense of calmness and comfort. He gently replied:

"Comrade Ning Shu, there is no big problem now. It's just that I spent too much energy during the delivery just now, and I'm a little tired." The doctor's words were full of professionalism and affirmation, which eased the tension in He Mengjun's heart a little.

"Just let her rest." The doctor continued, his tone revealing his concern for Ning Shu and comfort for He Mengjun. He knew that for a woman who had just given birth, rest and recovery were the most important things. And for an anxiously waiting father, hearing that his wife and child were safe and sound was undoubtedly the best comfort.

He Mengjun finally showed a relieved smile on his face. He took a deep breath, and the burden in his heart seemed to be lifted at this moment.

He looked at the doctor gratefully, tears flashing in his eyes, and his voice was choked with sobs: "Thank you, doctor, thank you so much." At this moment, he felt unprecedented happiness and gratitude, because he knew that his wife and the child he was about to meet were safe.

Ning Shu was resting with her eyes closed. Although she felt extremely tired, her deep maternal love and concern for her husband made her try to overcome her sleepiness. She heard He Mengjun's nervous and trembling voice, which was full of worry about her and fear of the unknown.

Ning Shu felt a surge of strength in her heart. She forced herself to open her heavy eyelids. Although her vision was blurry, she tried to focus and wanted to give He Mengjun a reassuring smile.

After Ning Shu opened her eyes, she slowly turned her sight to the side and found He Mengjun's position. She saw He Mengjun's nervous face, his brows were furrowed, and his eyes were full of concern. Ning Shu felt a warm current in her heart, and she smiled weakly at He Mengjun. Although her smile was a little tired, it was more of comfort and love.

"Mengjun, I'm fine, don't worry." Ning Shu said in a weak but firm voice. Although her voice was small, every word was clear and powerful, conveying her strength and confidence. She knew that her words were like a shot of adrenaline for He Mengjun, which could relieve the tension and anxiety in his heart.

Ning Shu continued, "Did you see the babies just now? They are all healthy." Her words revealed a sense of pride and joy. Although she had just experienced a tough battle, she was more concerned about the safety of the children. Her eyes were shining with maternal brilliance, and she looked forward to sharing this joy with He Mengjun.

He gently held Ning Shu's hand, his fingers gently intertwined with hers, conveying silent comfort and strength. His palm was warm and firm, as if telling her that no matter what she went through, he would be her strongest support. He whispered, with a slight tremor in his voice, but more affectionate and grateful: