171 - 175

Chapter 171 Conversation in the Ward 2

He Mengjun paused, sorted out his thoughts, and then began to explain: "Some time ago, Shen Yao suddenly showed up at my doorstep before I got off work. She was very rude to Shushu and even tried to push Shushu.

" There was a hint of anger in his tone, but more of a desire to protect Ning Shu. "Shushu was more than six months pregnant at that time, so I kicked her and then warned the two siblings."

His voice was firm, indicating that his behavior at the time was out of protection for his family, not an unprovoked conflict.

He Mengjun continued to explain: "And I later found Commander Meng and reported the matter to him. In the end, Commander Meng asked Shen Feng to send Shen Yao out of the military district's family compound and not allow her to come in again."

"This is what happened between us some time ago, there is nothing else." He Mengjun's words were a little helpless, but more frank and transparent. He didn't want any misunderstandings, nor did he want his parents to have any doubts about him.

"If you don't believe me, ask Shushu." He Mengjun finally said, and turned his gaze to Ning Shu, his eyes full of trust and expectation. He knew that Ning Shu would stand by him and prove it for him.

After hearing what He Mengjun said, He's father and mother turned their eyes to Ning Shu, their eyes full of concern and inquiry.

Ning Shu felt the gazes from her father-in-law and mother-in-law, but she did not avoid them. Instead, she bravely met their gazes, nodded, and responded to them in a calm and firm voice.

"Mom and Dad, what Brother Meng Jun said is true." Ning Shu's voice was clear and powerful. She was not scared by Shen Yao's threat. Instead, she became more determined in her position. "I was taking a nap at the time, and Shen Yao suddenly appeared outside my door and said that I was not worthy of Brother Meng Jun and that we should get a divorce." Ning Shu recalled the scene of that day. There was a hint of helplessness in her expression, but more of it was disdain for Shen Yao's unreasonable behavior.

"I was still asleep at the time, so I ignored her." Ning Shu continued, her voice carrying a hint of fatigue, but more of her disapproval of Shen Yao's behavior. "I waited until Brother Meng Jun got off work before I met her again, but after just a few words, she tried to push me." A hint of anger flashed across Ning Shu's eyes, but she quickly regained her composure. She knew that anger could not solve the problem, and only calmness and reason could find a way to solve the problem.

"After failing to push, she still clamored to let her brother Shen Feng kill me." Ning Shu's words revealed a hint of helplessness and sadness.

She couldn't understand why Shen Yao had such extreme ideas. "Brother Mengjun had to take action in order to protect me and the child." Ning Shu explained, her voice full of gratitude and trust for He Mengjun.

After listening to Ning Shu's explanation, He's father and mother showed relief on their faces. They knew that their son and daughter-in-law were kind and rational people.

They would not lose themselves because of provocations from others, nor would they make wrong decisions because of a momentary impulse.

"We understand, Shushu." There was a hint of relief in He's father's voice. He knew how difficult this matter was for Ning Shu. "You and Meng Jun have done a great job. We are proud of you."

Mother He also nodded, her eyes full of love and care. "Shushu, you have been wronged, but please believe that our whole family will stand by you, support you, and protect you."