106 - 110

Chapter 106: Discussing Marriage

After He's father and He Mengjun came out after washing the dishes, He's grandfather spoke up, "Shushu, you guys are coming back this time to prepare for your wedding. Mengjun doesn't have much vacation time, and your parents are both dead now. I can only tell you these things. When do you think your wedding will be held? And there are also things like the betrothal gifts."

"Grandpa He, I don't understand all this. You can just decide on the date of the wedding, and you can decide on the amount of the betrothal gifts."

Ning Shu had attended two weddings in the countryside, but betrothal gifts were generally not very high in the countryside, so Ning Shu didn't know how much betrothal gifts she would need to give in the city. She could only leave the matter to the He family to decide. However, after this day's contact, Ning Shu felt that they would not lie to her.

Seeing Ning Shu's expression, Grandpa He made his own decision, "The wedding will be held in five days. That's a good time. As for the bride price, what do you and your husband think about it?"

Grandpa He asked He's father and mother about the bride price. After all, it was their son who was getting married, and they should be the ones to get divorced. He and his wife would give an additional gift at that time.

"Well, Dad, I've discussed this with Azhen before, and we've decided to give you 10,100 yuan for the bride price, which means one in a million, and three turns and one ring. But after you get married you'll join the army, so we'll give it to you in cash directly, and you can buy a house there later. There's also a courtyard house with three entrances, what do you think?" Father He told his wife about the bride price he had discussed with her before.

Grandpa He nodded with satisfaction after listening to it. "Well, not bad. Let's do this. Your mother and I will add another quadrangle with two entrances." After that, he looked at He Mengjing on the side and said, "Don't think that I am partial to your second brother. When you get married in the future, grandpa and grandma will give you a quadrangle with two entrances."

He Mengjing saw that his grandfather was talking to him, so he quickly waved his hand and said, "Grandpa, these are your and grandma's things, you can keep them, we don't want them."

He Mengjun also quickly echoed.

"You two shut up. It's settled. Shushu, what do you think?" Grandpa He turned and asked Ning Shu.

Ning Shu was very touched. In this era, most people would give a dowry of two or three hundred yuan at most, and it was already very good to add three turns and one ring. She didn't expect He Jiahui to give her so much dowry.

She nodded and said, "Okay, Grandpa, this standard is already very high. If I marry here, everything in our family will be my dowry. I will have 8,888 yuan in cash and a courtyard house with four entrances. It's just that the courtyard house is rented out now, and I can receive rent every month. I also have 36 legs. It's not convenient here, so I will convert it into cash. Do you think there is any problem with this dowry?"

"No problem. Let's discuss this. Let Meng Jun accompany you to the department store tomorrow. If you like anything, let Meng Jun pay for it."

"Okay, Grandpa He, I'll go back first." After discussing the wedding time and the gift, Ning Shu planned to say goodbye and leave.

"Shushu, where are you going? Just stay at home tonight." He's mother asked hurriedly after hearing Ning Shu's words.

"Aunt He, I'm living in a nearby guesthouse. I won't be living at home for the time being. It's not appropriate." Ning Shu heard the question from He's mother and hurriedly replied.