Chapter 10

Sneha (Ishika's mom) still hasn't forgotten what Ishika's aunt said to her during Ishika's wedding.

She had said that Ishika's husband would be so troubled by her physical appearance that he might throw her out of the house.

Every day, Sneha lives in fear, wondering when Ujjwal might call to say that he is sending Ishika back to her parents. Whenever her phone rings, she flinches, and her heart races.

When Sneha hears the sound of a car stopping outside her house, she immediately thinks that Ujjwal is fed up with Ishika and has come to drop her off.

She is constantly worried. She wants to ask Ujjwal if he has any complaints about Ishika, but she lacks the courage to do so.

In the evening, Sneha gathers her courage and calls Ujjwal, who is at work at the time.

After exchanging pleasantries, Sneha asks if she can come over to his house. Ujjwal kindly says, "Of course," but adds that no one is home right now. He is at the office, Ishika is at her office too, and his brother and sister-in-law are out as well.

Ujjwal says he will pick her up after work. Sneha says there's no need for him to go out of his way; she'll come by herself. Ujjwal assures her it won't be any trouble, he will come to pick her and she agrees.

As usual, later that night, Ujjwal goes to pick up Ishika from her office.

Ujjwal tells her about the conversation, and Ishika is delighted because her mom is coming over to their house.

The two of them agree not to tell her mom about Shashank.

Sneha waits outside the house for them, and when she sees their car approaching, she becomes emotional.

Ishika hugs her mom, their eyes moist with tears. Ujjwal touches Sneha's feet for her blessings, and the three of them get into the car to drive to Ujjwal and Ishika's house.

They arrive.

---

Ishika is preparing dinner for the three of them. Ujjwal has gone to freshen up. Sneha is waiting for Ujjwal to come out so she can talk to him about what's been weighing on her mind.

Sneha feels anxious and vulnerable, her breath shallow. Thoughts of rejection keep flooding her mind, a rejection she fears she won't be able to handle.

When Ujjwal comes out of the bathroom, Sneha knocks on the bedroom door, and Ujjwal invites her in.

Ujjwal asks her to sit in the chair, but he remains standing.

Sneha tells him she has something important to discuss, and Ujjwal encourages her to go ahead.

Sneha pauses for a moment, and Ujjwal tells her not to hesitate.

In the kitchen, Ishika wonders where her mom has gone. She searches for her and eventually heads toward the bedroom. However, when she hears her mom and Ujjwal talking, she stops and listens from behind the door.

Sneha asks Ujjwal if Ishika ever bothers him.

Ujjwal responds, "No, she doesn't bother me."

Sneha then asks if Ujjwal has any complaints about Ishika.

Ujjwal says, "No."

With each of Ujjwal's answers, the layers of insecurities that Ishika's relatives had built around her started to dissolve.

Sneha's anxiety also begins to ease with Ujjwal's reassurances.

Sneha gently tells Ujjwal, "If Ishika ever makes a mistake, please forgive her with kindness."