Ready for this day to be over

Kayla POV.
I watched synth leave the room and I gently rolled my brother onto his back, then I started to cry. I hadn't smiled like that since well, that day.  I was so done with, that, that, that PILE OF BANTHA CRAP!  I hauled Nick on his bed, and I scribbled a note. But before I grabbed my staff, I caught a glimpse of his necklace, the silver necklace was his treasured possession. It was the only thing he had left of his twin brother. He was older by 3 minutes and loved to rub it in his face. I missed him with all my heart. Nick and I were all each other had left. Nick and I were both underfed and had sever traum. I gave Nick a quick kiss on his forehead, grabbed my staff, slung it on my back, opened the window and made my way down the fire escape.the building was a little rundown but, hey, beggars can't be choosers. I started running around looking for something to do, maybe something to eat. I heard voices coming my way and dove behind a few crates, and pulled out my staff.  All three were about Nick's age and hight, one had a  blue jacket, one had orange-red jacket, and the last one had a yellow jacket. The three suddenly huddled together and whispered, then little boy blue, disappeared around a corner, I realized he was right behind me. Well, screw this day, first I had a very light small breakfast, then I couldn't get enough targets so I had to work twice as hard and long, I had to deal with the stupid stormtroopers, and now my only family left get beaten up and knocked unconscious. I'm so done with this mess of a day. I swung my staff in a random pattern, I dealt with them like they were the anyoing critters in the wack-a-mole game. I sprinted back, just in time for lights out. Putting my staff away, took my boots off and climbed into bed,  trying to ignore my pounding headache, and my empty aching stomach.