We stay together

Nick pov
When I saw Kayla land I knew she was gonna be alright, she's a strong smart determined girl. I coughed, my ribs screaming with pain. I was almost passed out when I saw a Fire fighter burst into the room. I blacked out.

Kanan pov.
The Firefighters came out holding a boy in their arms. He had sandy brown hair, was about 19, seemed 5' 3", had a scar across the left side of his face one vertical and another horizontal making an x. He looked underfed, and was holding his middle like it hurt. A girl with raven hair, green eyes, about 14, wearing a brown biker jacket with a strange symbol on the sleeve ran over to the boy. "Nick!" She called out. I grabbed her arm holding her back, the boy needed treatment. "You don't understand that's my brother HE'S THE ONLY ONE I HAVE LEFT!" She hollers tears streaming down her face. I put the girl in the car's back seat. She started pulling on the door and banging on the window, trying to get out.

Kayla pov
I banged on the window trying to reach Nick, but I couldn't do anything, I felt so helpless. I stopped banging on the window and watched them handle him. He was put on a stretcher and loaded into the ambulance. I watched with tears, I curled into a ball. Crying harder than I did when I had to get him meds. I heard the car door open and shut. I looked up at the guy, he had a brown ponytail and gray-blue eyes. Not as blue as nick's but still pretty blue. He looked at me in the rear view mirror. I uncurled and put the seatbelt on. My backpack was on the floor and my staff was inside, in pieces. "Hey, Your friend is in good hands." He assured me. "Red is my brother." I grumbled. "Okay I get it, only family you have left? I heard you scream it." I nodded at him. Suddenly a hand was on my shoulder, I immediately tensed u, was he going to hit me like Slythh did? "Im not going to hurt you if that's what you're thinking." He turned back and started the car. "You got a name?" I don't know why but I feel like I can trust him. "Kaylie." I spat. I stained out the window watch everything pass by.

Nick pov
I slowly opened my eyes looking at my surroundings. I'm in the hospital. A nurse came in, her braids tied off with green bands. "I'm Hera. I saw you have burns, cuts a few broken bones, and other injuries on top of smoke inhalation." "Is Kayla alright?" I croaked out. "Who?" Hera asked "Kayla my sister." I said worried about her. "Well we'll see if we can find something about her alright?" I nodded feeling the oxygen mask on my face. I felt super tired, and I relaxed. I had an I.V. in my arm. "Does that necklace have any special meaning?" She asked trying to be friendly. "Me and my twin, showing the bond we had. He passed 9 years ago in a raid." I explained. I heard the door open and Kayla bounced in giving me a gentle hug and kiss on my forehead. "Don't you ever scare me like that again!" She whispered softly clinging to me tightly. I hugged her back. "No promises, but I'll try baby girl." I said using Dad's name for her, because she is and always will be my baby sister.