Chapter 14

Ujjwal comes home, and when he finds out that Ishika hasn't eaten, he asks her why she didn't have her meal.

Ishika replies, "You haven't eaten either."

Ujjwal says, "I was just about to. How can you stay hungry in this condition? You should have eaten first."

Then, both Ujjwal and Ishika eat together.

Ujjwal has been working from home to take care of Ishika.

Ishika is overwhelmed with anxiety, so she watches movies to distract herself. But as soon as the movie ends, everything starts coming back to her mind.

Ishika is afraid to leave the house because she feels that Shashank might have made her photos viral.

Ishika has taken some days off from work, and Ujjwal is working from home to look after her.

(That Night)

Ishika tries to sleep but is struggling. Next to her, Ujjwal is working on his laptop with the brightness turned low.

Though photos are fake, Ishika is still terrified, wondering what will happen when her mom and relatives find out about the photos.

She grabs a small part of Ujjwal's shirt in her fist. She does this because she wants comfort but doesn’t want to disturb Ujjwal, who is working.

Ujjwal feels his shirt being gently pulled. When he looks, he realizes that Ishika is holding his shirt.

Understanding that Ishika is scared and seeking comfort, Ujjwal shuts his laptop, deciding that he’ll finish his work in the morning.

He lies down on the bed, pulls the blanket over himself, and is about to tell Ishika to come under the blanket with him, but before he can say anything, Ishika has already snuggled under his blanket.

She rests her head on Ujjwal's chest, cuddling him. She feels warmth on her face because Ujjwal's shirt's two buttons were open, and her face is against his bare chest.

Ishika enjoys the warmth, but when she realizes that her face is on his bare chest, she thinks that Ujjwal might not like it. She pulls her face back, buttons his shirt, and then rests her head on his chest again.

Whether her face is on Ujjwal’s clothed chest or bare chest, Ujjwal has no problem with either.

Remembering the photos, Ishika starts crying again, and her tears soak Ujjwal’s shirt.

The photos are fake, yet Ishika is more scared because she is naked in those photos. And when her mom and relatives see the photos, Ishika won’t be able to meet her eyes with their eyes.

Ishika thinks "what will happen if they don't believe that these photos are fake?"

The way Ishika is cuddling Ujjwal shows that she is afraid that he might leave her.

Ishika fears that once the photos go viral, everyone will hate her and distance themselves from her.

She also worries that if people hate her, Ujjwal’s relatives might think that their family name is being tarnished and could pressure him to leave her.

Thinking about all this, Ishika sobs loudly, which wakes Ujjwal. He turns on the lamp next to the bed.

He sees that the blanket is moving up and down, and when he pulls it down, he realizes that Ishika is crying badly.

Through her tears, Ishika asks, "You won’t leave me, right?"

Ujjwal replies, "I won't leave you. Why would I leave you?"

Ishika asks, "Even if the photos go viral?"

Ujjwal says, "No, not even then. I won’t leave you."

He lifts her face, wipes her tears, and tells her to calm down.

Ujjwal gently strokes her head and back, reassuring her, "Don’t worry. If people find out about the photos, I’ll tell them they’re fake."

With Ujjwal’s comforting touch, Ishika falls asleep.

---
(Next Morning)

Ujjwal wakes up, lying on his back, and finds Ishika clinging to him, tightly gripping his t-shirt.

Ujjwal tries to pry her hand off his shirt, but even in her sleep, Ishika tightens her grip.

Ujjwal gently wakes her up.

---

Shashank wanted to hurt Ujjwal, so he made fake photos of Ishika and sent them to Ujjwal. He knew that the more Ishika suffered, the more Ujjwal would too.

Shashank is heartless.

He owns several large clothing malls and recently opened a store close to Ujjwal’s house to keep an eye on him.

Unknowingly, Ujjwal had bought a night suit for Ishika from that store. Shashank saw this on the store’s CCTV and edited the night suit into the fake photos to hurt Ujjwal even more.

Shashank is more angry at Ujjwal than Mayank because, in his mind, Mayank laughed that day when Ujjwal said something to him. That’s why Shashank is more furious with Ujjwal.

So far, Shashank has only sent the photos to Ujjwal.

Shashank knows how to cause his enemies maximum pain.

Through his informant, Shashank learns that Ujjwal is working from home and Ishika has taken some leaves from office. This makes him happy, knowing they are both in distress.

---

While Ujjwal was buying the night suit, Mitali was also at the store.

She saw Ujjwal, and since then, he has been occupying her mind, rent-free. She found Ujjwal handsome.

She liked how humbly Ujjwal spoke with the salesperson.

Mitali doesn’t know about the enmity between Shashank and Ujjwal. She’s seeing Ujjwal for the first time.

---

As the days pass, Ishika starts going back to the office.

At first, whenever someone looks at her, she gets scared and feels like they’ve seen her photos.

But Ujjwal reassures her, saying that since her mom and relatives haven’t called about the photos, they haven’t gone viral yet. Ishika agrees with Ujjwal.

Ishika gathers the courage not only to step out of the house but also to go to work.

Ujjwal kisses her forehead and says, "Look how strong you are."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly vote and comment.