Lan Wanji's Life. 18

For the next few weeks, Wanji's demeanor transformed into something entirely unfamiliar. His family couldn't help but notice the change. It wasn't subtle; Wanji was constantly humming, whistling, and giggling to himself as if he was the only one in on a grand cosmic joke. He spent an unusual amount of time locked away in his room, leaving his family baffled and more than a little concerned.

"Is he okay?" Wanji's father asked one evening as they sat around the dinner table, the sound of cutlery clinking against plates the only backdrop to the question. His tone was gentle but clearly anxious.

"Maybe he got laid," Ayana, his sharp-tongued aunt, responded with a smirk, barely glancing up from her food.

Their grandmother, who was knitting with the precision and ease that comes with decades of practice, glanced over the rim of her glasses at Ayana. "No, if he did, I'd know."

Ayana rolled her eyes. "And how exactly would you know that, Grandma?"

"A mother always knows," their grandmother replied coolly, resuming her knitting as if the conversation was too trivial for her to bother with further.

Ayana grinned and leaned back in her chair. "Maybe he got a boyfriend, then," she teased, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"I'd know if he did," Cheng, said as he walked into the room. His voice was a calm statement, a reminder that he had always been more observant than he let on. "Ever since Wanji ran out of the house that night, something's changed. He smiles and hums like he's in on something none of us can understand."

They all fell silent for a moment, the weight of Cheng's words hanging in the air. They all remembered that night, the confusion, the tension, the strange energy that had seemed to bubble beneath the surface. But none of them had ever found the courage to ask Wanji about it.

Meanwhile, as Wanji made his way to Wei Ying's office that afternoon, his heart raced. Just thinking about that night made his body feel alive, almost giddy with the anticipation that had become a constant companion. He had spent countless nights lying in bed, replaying everything over and over in his head.

Wei Ying was seated behind his desk when Wanji arrived, his eyes glued to his computer screen as he flipped through a stack of files beside him. His expression was focused, professional. The man always exuded calm control, something Wanji both admired and was often frustrated by.

"Sir, someone is here to see you," the secretary's voice crackled through the intercom.

"Let him in," Wei Ying replied absently, without glancing up, assuming it was the client he had been expecting.

Wanji entered the office quietly, standing in front of the desk, naked. Wei Ying finally looked up, and his face twisted in shock and disgust when he saw who was standing there.

"Wanji?" His voice was sharp with disbelief, eyes narrowing as he took in the bizarre sight.

"You've been avoiding my calls," Wanji said, his voice soft but insistent. "I miss you."

"Put on your clothes" Wei Ying's voice was cold, a stark contrast to the gentleness Wanji had hoped for.

"I'm sorry," Wanji muttered, though he wasn't entirely sure what he was apologizing for. His thoughts had been scrambled ever since that night, his desires a chaotic storm that had refused to subside. "But ever since that night... I can't control it. I've tried everything, but my manhood-" he trailed off, glancing down at his erection, visibly frustrated.

Wei Ying stood, eyes raking over Wanji's body before settling back on his face. "Put on your clothes or I will call security and they will drag you out of here naked."