26

"Hey sweetie," Kris said, leaning in to kiss Kylie on the cheek as she gently scooped up Kya from her arms. Stormi and Aire wasted no time, darting past Kris toward the backyard to meet up with their first cousins, leaving the house buzzing with activity.

Kylie smiled at the sight of her kids running off. "Hey, Mom," she replied, returning the kiss as she watched them disappear outside.

Kya, now nestled in Kris's arms, beamed up at her grandmother. "H-hey g-grandma," she said, her voice filled with excitement, her stutter almost completely gone as she tried to speak clearly.

Kris's face lit up with pride. "Oh, look at you, getting better with your words, sweetheart!" she exclaimed, showering Kya with praises. "You're talking so well!"

Kya giggled, pleased with herself, and her face brightened as she clung to her grandmother's embrace. "T-thank you, G-grandma," she said softly, clearly happy with the encouragement.

Kylie stood there, watching the sweet interaction between Kya and Kris, feeling a sense of peace wash over her. Despite the morning chaos, moments like this reminded her how important family was. Kris had always been such a strong support system, not only for her but for the kids as well.

"Where are the girls?" Kylie asked, hearing the faint clatter of pots and pans from the kitchen.

"They're in the kitchen," Kris replied with a chuckle. "Trying to get lunch started. Well, Khloe and Kourtney are. Kim's supervising, as usual."

Kylie laughed at the mental image, shaking her head. "And Kendall?"

"Running late, as always," Kris said with a sigh, rolling her eyes but smiling nonetheless.

"Some things never change," Kylie muttered, following her mom into the house as Kya continued to babble happily in Kris's arms.

"Hey there, ladies," Kylie called out as she entered the kitchen. The sisters looked up from their tasks, and as soon as Khloe laid eyes on Kya, her face lit up. She squealed with excitement, dropping whatever she was doing to rush over.

"Oh my gosh, Kya! My little princess!" Khloe exclaimed, her arms outstretched, ready to scoop Kya into a big hug. Kya giggled, clearly loving the attention, and wiggled in Kris's arms, eager to be passed over to her aunt.

"Mom, bring my little princess here," Khloe said with a playful command, motioning for Kris to hand Kya over to Khloe. Kris laughed, knowing Khloe had a soft spot for the youngest of the bunch.

Kris carefully handed Kya to Khloe, who immediately cuddled the little girl in her arms. "How's my favorite niece doing today?" Khloe cooed, bouncing Kya gently and peppering her with kisses. Kya's shy giggles filled the room, her stutter disappearing as she got lost in the joy of her aunt's affection.

"She's doing great," Kylie said with a smile, watching Khloe and Kya's sweet interaction. "You know, I think you love her more than you love me at this point."

Khloe grinned, shooting a playful glance at Kylie. "Well, Kya is a lot cuter than you, sorry sis," she teased.

Kylie laughed, shaking her head. "Fair enough."

Meanwhile, Kourtney, who had been quietly chopping vegetables at the counter, looked up and smirked. "So I guess that means I'm on cooking duty alone, huh?" she remarked dryly, her tone light but laced with her usual sarcasm.

Kylie waved her hand dismissively. "You're the best cook here anyway, Kourt. You've got this," she said with a wink.

Kourtney raised an eyebrow but couldn't help a small smile from creeping across her face. "Yeah, yeah. Leave it all to me, as usual," she muttered, though she didn't seem too bothered.