38

"You are the clingiest species out there, love," Kylie teased, her laughter light as she felt Jordan's lips trailing soft, warm kisses along her neck. They had just made love moments ago, the room still filled with the lingering heat of their passion. Both were now lying in bed, skin pressed against skin, tangled in the sheets, and the aftermath of their intimacy hung in the air. 

Kylie shifted slightly, playfully trying to move away from Jordan's embrace. Her body tingled with the aftershocks of their closeness, but her mind had drifted elsewhere—specifically, to food.

"I'm the pregnant one here, baby," Kylie pouted, glancing over her shoulder with a mixture of amusement and mild frustration. The little bump in her belly was a reminder of the new life growing inside her, and while she usually craved Jordan's comforting presence, today was different. Most days, she adored it when Jordan held her close, whispering sweet nothings into her ear, or telling her ridiculous jokes to calm her insecurities. But today? Today, all Kylie wanted was something to eat. The craving for something salty and savory gnawed at her, making her restless.

Jordan smiled, her gaze softening as she pressed another kiss to Kylie's bare shoulder. "I can't help it if my girlfriend is the sexiest person alive," she murmured, her voice low and full of affection. Her hands roamed gently across Kylie's skin, fingers tracing the curve of her waist, and despite Kylie's half-hearted attempts to create some space between them, she felt her fiancée snuggle closer.

Kylie sighed but couldn't help smiling, rolling her eyes as Jordan's warmth enveloped her. "You're such a sap," she teased, though there was no edge to her words. Instead, she shifted slightly, allowing herself to melt back into Jordan's embrace, though her mind still wandered to the kitchen. She could almost taste the fries she was craving, crispy and perfectly seasoned.

Jordan chuckled, sensing Kylie's distraction. "What's going on in that head of yours? Don't tell me you're thinking about food already," she teased, brushing a stray lock of hair from Kylie's face.

Kylie smirked, turning to meet Jordan's eyes. "What do you think, genius? I'm pregnant. You might be obsessed with me, but right now, I'm obsessed with food."

Jordan laughed, giving her a light squeeze before planting a kiss on her forehead. "Alright, alright. How about I make you something? Anything for my beautiful fiancée," she offered, her voice full of adoration.

Kylie grinned, a glint of satisfaction in her eyes. "Now you're talking," she said, playfully nudging Jordan as she stretched lazily, feeling the warmth of the bed but also the growing desire to satisfy her cravings. As Jordan reluctantly untangled herself from the sheets and moved to get up, Kylie caught her hand, pulling her back for one last kiss.

"You're the best," Kylie whispered against her lips, a mix of love and contentment filling the space between them.

Jordan smiled, touching Kylie's cheek before finally standing up. "Anything for you," she replied, making her way towards the kitchen to fulfill her fiancée's wishes. As Kylie watched her leave, her heart swelled with affection for the woman she was about to build a family with, even if she was being impossibly clingy today.

Jordan had been gone for too long, much longer than Kylie had expected. *Does it really take this long to prepare food?* she thought with a soft sigh. Her stomach growled, reminding her that she was indeed hungry, but that wasn't the real source of her restlessness. Yes, the food would be great, but more than anything, Kylie missed Jordan. She missed the way Jordan's presence made her feel safe, loved, and complete, even in the smallest moments. The warmth of her fiancée's touch, her comforting laughter—it was all Kylie could think about now.