29

"Could you please relax? My family will love you," Kylie murmured, her lips brushing softly against Jordan's as she kissed her over and over, trying to ease the tension between them. They stood in Kylie's spacious living room, the sunset casting a golden glow through the floor-to-ceiling windows.

Jordan sighed, her forehead resting against Kylie's. "Babe, they don't even know me," she replied, her hands gripping Kylie's hips as they began to sway together gently. She could feel the anxious energy coursing through her, her heart thudding with a mix of excitement and trepidation. "And, bombshell, you're just gonna drop the news like that? Announce you're marrying someone who knocked you up?" She chuckled, but the underlying worry was unmistakable in her voice. The words hung in the air, the gravity of what they were about to do settling between them.

Kylie tilted her head slightly, looking up at Jordan with those familiar eyes, a mix of determination and warmth. "Someone I love, Jordan. It's not just about the baby," Kylie insisted, her lips curving into a gentle pout, her fingers tracing the back of Jordan's neck, trying to soothe her. "Besides, my sisters and my mom are the sweetest. You know that. They'll understand once they meet you, really meet you." Kylie leaned back a little, her gaze searching Jordan's eyes for some sign that she might relax, even if just a little. She could sense the tension and unease that Jordan had been carrying since she arrived in LA two days ago.

Jordan had left everything behind— her job, the comfort of her routine—to be closer to Kylie and their unborn baby. She had packed her bags and made the leap, telling herself it was all for love. And it was. She loved Kylie more than she had ever thought possible. But now that she was here, the reality of facing the powerful and famous Kardashian-Jenner family made her stomach twist in knots. She wanted to be worthy of Kylie, of the life they were building together, but the thought of her being scrutinized under their watchful eyes was daunting.

"Kylie, I just... I don't want to embarrass you," Jordan confessed, her voice dropping to a whisper, her eyes avoiding Kylie's gaze. "I'm not rich. I'm not famous. I don't know if I'll fit in with them. You know how people talk, and I don't want them to think you're making a mistake."

Kylie shook her head, her hands coming up to cradle Jordan's face. "Hey, look at me," she urged softly. "You are not an embarrassment. You are the person I want to spend my life with. None of that other stuff matters, okay? Not the money, not the fame. Just you." She kissed Jordan again, tender and lingering, trying to transfer her certainty to Jordan through every touch of their lips.

Jordan smiled against Kylie's mouth, her eyes fluttering closed for a moment as she allowed herself to relax, to take in Kylie's words. "You always know just what to say," Jordan admitted, her voice a little lighter, a hint of a smile forming. She wrapped her arms around Kylie, pulling her even closer as they swayed slowly to the background music that played from the speakers.

Kylie beamed up at Jordan, her eyes shining with love and determination. "And I always will. Because I want you here, with me, with our baby. I want us to be a family, and I know they'll want that too, once they see how much we love each other." She spoke with conviction, and Jordan wanted to believe it, to hold onto that image of a happy, supportive family.

For now, as they moved together in the glow of the setting sun, Jordan allowed herself to feel the love she shared with Kylie, to trust that everything else would fall into place. And maybe, just maybe, everything would be okay.

"Okay." Jordan pulled Kylie into her arms, kissing her deeply. Kylie sighed in contentment, her body melting into Jordan's embrace. They were young, but Kylie was certain of one thing—Jordan was the one she wanted to spend her life with, the one who made everything feel right.