13

"Mama!"

"Aunty Jay!"

Jordan was woken up by the excited screams and jumping on the guest bed she had spent the night on. Her eyes opened slowly, and she saw her baby girl Stormi and Stormi's cousin True jumping and laughing, making her smile to herself.

"Good morning, princess. Good morning, darling True," Jordan said, her voice husky from just waking up. Stormi smiled, looking at her mama and kissing her continuously on her lips.

"Ew, Mama, you stink! Go brush your teeth," Stormi commanded her mother, glaring at her like she had just committed a huge crime. "Hurry, or we will miss breakfast."

Jordan chuckled, her heartwarming at the sight of the two little girls. "Alright, alright, I'm going," she said, sitting up and stretching. "Give me a minute, okay?"

Stormi giggled and jumped off the bed, pulling True along with her. "We'll wait for you downstairs, Mama! Hurry up!"

As the girls scampered out of the room, Jordan took a deep breath and smiled to herself. Moments like these reminded her of the joy and love that still filled her life, even amidst the challenges she and Kylie were facing. She got up and headed to the bathroom, determined to make the most of the day.

After brushing her teeth and freshening up, Jordan made her way downstairs to find Stormi and True already seated at the breakfast table, chatting animatedly with Kris. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and pancakes filled the air, making Jordan's stomach rumble.

"Good morning, Kris." Jordan greeted as she walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Jordan," Kris replied with a warm smile. "Did the girls wake you up?"

"They sure did," Jordan said with a chuckle, taking a seat at the table. "But I don't mind. It's a good way to start the day."

Jordan sighed, her heart feeling lighter as she watched Stormi and True's playful antics. But today was a big day. They needed to pack for their trip to Aruba. She got out of bed, brushing away the lingering thoughts of the previous night, and headed downstairs with the girls.

"Alright, Storm, let's get ready to head back home and pack for our trip," Jordan announced as she walked into the kitchen, where Kris was preparing breakfast.

"Sounds like a plan," Kris said with a smile, handing Jordan a cup of coffee. "Enjoy your trip back home, and take care of each other. I see you at the airport?"

"Thanks, Kris," Jordan replied, taking a sip of the warm coffee. "And yes you will."

After breakfast, Jordan gathered their things and loaded the car. With Stormi buckled in the back, they made their way back to their home where Kylie was waiting. The familiar surroundings brought a sense of comfort to Jordan, even though the tension between her and Kylie was still palpable.

As they walked into the house, they were greeted by Kylie holding baby Aire. Stormi ran to her mother, hugging her tightly. "Mummy, we're home!"

"Hey, sweetie," Kylie said, smiling at her daughter. She looked up at Jordan, their eyes meeting briefly before they both turned their attention to the kids. "Let's get you packed for the trip, okay?"

Jordan nodded, trying to keep the atmosphere light and cheerful. "Alright, Storm, let's get your things together," she said, leading her daughter upstairs to her room.

Stormi's room quickly turned into a whirlwind of activity. She excitedly pulled out clothes, toys, and random items, creating a mess on the floor. Jordan couldn't help but laugh at her daughter's enthusiasm.