Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Sage's pov

Today's the day. The day of the funeral. I put on my black dress and black bow. I put on the jewelry mom gave me. Then we left. We left to go watch my mom in a coffin and say stuff about her. I'm really nervous.

Funeral home

I sat between Sabrina and Sarah. Shannon, Sarah, and Sabrina already talked. Shannon also read dad's speech. Mom and dad each wrote speeches when they got married about if they die. Then they called me up. I walked up and went to the podium.

"My mom was the biggest influence in my life. People say that all the time, but some don't know why. My mom got me my job, got me a voice for singing, and tons more. Sure sometimes I could get mad at her for pressuring me to much or making me like my sisters. But now I know why. She just wanted me to have good influences. I never understood until now. I never knew why she wanted me to be like them until now. And it's already too late to thank her.

My mom is probably the only mother who would put up with me. I can be a pain, annoying, and cause a lot of arguments. I'm just surprised I wasn't sent to military school. But my mom put up with that and pushed me to do more than I'm capable of. She always believed in me when I didn't. And I did the same to her.

So here's to the person who caused the crash, who killed my mom and put my dad in a coma. I forgive you." I said. Once I said that everyone gasped and looked around.

"I really shouldn't forgive you. In fact I should probably hate you for the rest of my life and curse the day you were born, but I'm not going to. There were things that my mom told me, "forgive others because one day you'll make a mistake and want to be forgiven." and another thing was, "Some people make mistakes, whether they're big or small you should forgive." my mom was totally in for forgiveness. I was never in for it. I always wanted to hate the person who hurt my loved ones. But I know the guilt is beating on them like a drum, and I know my mom wants me to forgive them. So I'm going to.

Anything that I do today that's good, is because of my mom. If I release a song, get on a movie, or even just find 5 dollars. I know it's because of my mom. Rest In Peace Mom. I love you." I said. Then I walked off the stage crying. Sabrina, Shannon, and Sarah hugged me. Then more people spoke. Them we buried the body and went home. When we got home, we all just went to our rooms and cried. It was a beautiful but terrible day.