𝟬𝟯𝟬 ʀᴇꜱɪᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ

RESIDENT WITCH

waves | 030

ZARA WANDERED BACK downstairs, her mind still swirling with thoughts of Samantha. As she entered the living area, she felt a warm rush of relief at the sight of Ciaran lounging on the couch, his trademark smile lighting up the room. He looked up when he noticed her, his eyes sparkling with genuine joy.

"Zara!" he called out, rising to his feet as if he couldn't contain himself. He crossed the room quickly, and before she knew it, he pulled her into a tight embrace, wrapping his arms around her waist. She melted into him, feeling the comforting familiarity of his presence wash over her.

"I missed you," he said softly, his breath warm against her ear. She could feel the steady rhythm of his heartbeat against her, matching the fluttering in her chest. Zara pulled back slightly to meet his gaze, and the connection was electric.

"I missed you too," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper, her cheeks warming under his intense gaze. "You have no idea how nice it was to get away, but I couldn't help thinking about you."

Ciaran smirked, a playful glint in his eyes. "I hope you know I've been sulking like a lost puppy without you here," he teased, his fingers brushing against the string of her bikini bottoms. His touch was light and teasing, making her heart race. "What about Wil? Are you sure there's nothing there?"

Zara bit her lip, shaking her head firmly. "I swear, there's no spark between us. I would rather bite my own arm off than lead him on. You're the only one I want to focus on," she said, her voice filled with sincerity.

"Good," Ciaran said, a satisfied grin spreading across his face. The tension between them thickened, and Zara felt her pulse quicken as he leaned in closer, their lips mere inches apart.

"Are you sure about that?" he murmured, his eyes flickering to her lips, then back to her eyes, seeking confirmation. She nodded, feeling bold and vulnerable all at once.