69-70

Chapter 69

"So, in summary, regarding the investigation of mimics, we will divide the tasks according to this plan..."

The young man with glasses had a stern look, quite like the demeanor of a math teacher in the past, and he kept explaining the information about mimics and the assignment of tasks. However, the few listeners present were obviously not obedient "students". Some were sitting or lying down, but no one was paying attention to what was said. Kunikida Doppo's eyes almost popped out, and no one was listening carefully. The

Tanizaki siblings were having fun there; although Miyazawa Kenji listened very seriously, Kunikida Doppo was a little relieved at first, but the boy didn't know the answers to the questions, which made the yellow-haired young man so angry that his braids almost fell off.

As for the two younger ones, yes, they were Edogawa Ranpo and Yumeno Hisasaku. Although he had great respect for detectives, Kunikida Doppo still automatically classified Edogawa Ranpo and Yumeno Hisasaku into the same category. They were obsessed with fighting for the fancy apples cut by the will-o'-the-wisp. The battle was intense and evenly matched. Their eyes were about to collide with sparks in the air, but they didn't pay any attention to their own side.

The pen was directly broken into two pieces by Kunikida Doppo with a "bang". This was the nth pen that was sacrificed in his hand this month.

Just when the young man's anger was about to reach its peak, the door of the detective agency happened to be pushed open from the outside at this time, and a silver-haired man in a kimono walked in, which made Kunikida Doppo barely hold back his anger.

Unwilling to behave too out of control in front of his mentor, Kunikida Doppo cleared his throat and tried to make his words sound more gentle, but Edogawa Ranpo did not give him the opportunity to finish.

The petite detective bravely snatched the last piece of apple from the toothpick of his equally childish yin-yang hair color rival, put it in his mouth in a show-off manner, and nimbly jumped off the sofa, leaving before Kunikida Doppo could speak.

"Wait, Mr. Ranpo, we haven't finished talking about our plan yet..." the young man with glasses said hurriedly, trying to stop Edogawa Ranpo.

"Because it's completely unnecessary, Kunikida," Edogawa Ranpo spun the detective hat on his fingers, adjusted the brim of the hat, and put it back on his head, squinting his eyes and yawning, seemingly showing a lack of interest in this overly long action plan, "Since the president has returned to the Special Ability Affairs Department so early and has not been entangled by those guys, isn't it obvious that we don't need to take care of the mimics anymore."

"Why?" Kunikida Doppo was obviously confused by Edogawa Ranpo.

"Why?" Edogawa Ranpo repeated the words of the yellow-haired young man, curled his lips, and just when he was about to reach out to take the opened bag of potato chips on the table, he was glared back by the stern eyes of the man who was walking towards him. He had to vent his dissatisfaction on Kunikida Doppo, "So Kunikida is really a big idiot."

"Okay, Ranpo, don't bully Kunikida anymore," Fukuzawa Yukichi came over and stood up for his disciple, lest his overly serious character be bullied by the childish detective, "We really don't need to spend any more time on the mimic matter. It seems that a sorcerer who came to support from Tokyo passed by and solved it."