Midnight Pale

Summary: reader is a vampire. You and Legolas know you're in love, but your clan found out about your courtship. They don't think it's wise, so you break the news to Legolas. It goes better than planed.

N: I wrote this at like three in the morning so it might be a bit off in some parts lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legolas sat quietly in peace beside a campfire he had made atop a cliff. The cliff was on the edge of the forest and overlooked a small beach cove. Legolas stared into the starry sky as his mind drifted to thoughts of her. He was hoping she would appear to him tonight.

The woman he was thinking of, held a place in his heart ever since the day they had met. This woman you must understand, was s vampire. She wasn't your typical vampire that would try to get a taste of your blood the first time they saw you, no, y/n was just as curious of Legolas as he was of her. They had spent the first night together asking questions and getting to know each other

Y/n was absolutely beautiful; she had a particular charm about her that Legolas craved. The two became more interested in each other the more they met up. Y/n became more flirtatious as did the blonde elf.

Legolas was lost in thought when he pulled out of his thoughts by his campfire completely blowing out. Sure the waves in the distance brought some favorable winds, but nothing too major to blow out the fire as a whole.

     Legolas gave a snort, "I was wondering when you would show up". The dark night filled the air-nothing but the stars and the moon set the world alight.

"Ha, and I was wondering why you wonder about me," y/n said jokingly. In the moonlight Legolas saw you lean against a large dark rock. He was almost speechless at the way the moonlight fit your facial features.

"I do find myself wondering about you," he gave you a side smile. He dropped it when he saw your serious expression.

"That's actually the reason why I came to you," you walked over and stood on the edge of the cliff with your back facing Legolas. "My family and clan know about us. They...do not think it is wise that I continue to see you," you looked out over the cove.

"What do you think?" He asked, hurt evident in his voice.

"I think...," you tried to find the words. "I think...," now a lump was starting to build in your throat. Your heard Legolas get to his feet and come up behind you, "I think I could never deserve love. I think it is best if we part now... before somebody gets hurt," tears brimmed your eyelids, but you made your voice sound like you weren't bothered.

     You felt Legolas grab your arms from behind,"y/n-" he was cut off by you pushing him off and letting out a hissed growl. As you spoke you floated yourself over the edge of the cliff.

"You would spend an eternity with this?! " you spoke deeply as you pointed to your face. You had unmasked what the real vampire looked like underneath the beautiful face. Now your nose was more scrunched up like a bat, your eyes gleamed white like a wild animal, your ears grew pointy, your nails grew into claws, your teeth like spikes, and your robbed dress flew around you crazily in the wind.

"Yes! I did not base you off of your looks, but personality. You are one of the most caring women I've met. Although you cloaked your skin under a hood, you often sought the beauty of the sun. You admire the way the sun hits the water at dawn. You adore nature, and the simplest of things—that is who I would spend eternity with," Legolas said honestly. His words calmed you down enough to float yourself back to the cliff and put the beautiful face back on over the bat beast.

"You are true to your words?" You asked innocently.

"With my whole heart, I promise you that I am," he promised. You looked a the ground for a moment.

"Where will I go Legolas? My clan and family would have me disowned or beheaded," Legolas made a face at the thought of that happening.

"You are more than welcome to stay with me. You will be accepted by my kind, granted it will take some time, but we'll get there together," he looked into your silvery eyes.

"I will be an out cast. I'll be the freak who wears a cloak almost all the time, and have to work around the name calling, and what would I do about food? You know I can't exactly eat salads," you complained.

"I know y/n, but like I said, I will look after you. I will keep you happy, fed properly, and safe. We have men in our prisons who are often death sentenced. This time, they'd be saved for you," Said Legolas.

"You make it sound like I'll be similar to a pet," you stepped up closer to him. He looked in your eyes for a moment, as did you his. He brought his hand up and cupped it behind your ear. He stroked your cheek with his thumb.

"You are far from a pet, my y/n," he said before he closed the distance and kissed you. You kissed him back just as equally under the moonlight.