Scales Legolas x mermaid reader

Requested by:

airing: Legolas x mermaid reader

Summary: You are caught in a trap when suddenly a blonde man appears. You had heard the tales of how these men would deceive the maids of the sea. Would this man be any different? Was he even a man? He did have pointed ears.

Requested by somone on Wattpad.

Words: 1674

NOTE: when this was originally uploaded, I had images to go along with the story. That was before Wattpad updated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legolas wandered through the forest aimlessly as he usually did. He liked to get lost in the Mirkwood woods and find his way home on his own. It provided him with a source of adventure, exploration, and not to mention how it calmed his nerves. Oh, how the elf loved the woods!

He stepped down from a fallen log and heard something in the distance. It was faint, it was a cry, a sob, and muffled words. Legolas silently walked in the direction of the cry. After he peeled back an array of brush, he gazed upon you. Behind you was a landscape he had never seen before. It looked like a completely different world that Legolas had never seen in his many years of life. There were tiered waterfalls that cascaded down into a large pool of blue water. Legolas smiled.

You were compleatly unaware of his presence as you sat in the shallow water, crying. You had been the unlucky one to get caught in a fisherman's trap-net-thing. Either way, it was still tangled up around your tail, and albeit tightly.

"My lady?" Asked a sudden male voice and you gasped and jumped away, but howled in pain. Legolas noticed your tail with wide eyes. He had only heard tales about mermaids! They were myths in his head but now he saw you!

"Y-you are a...," he couldn't finish the words. You thrashed and flopped as you tried to get away, this only made the line cut into your tail and blood was spilling out.

"H-hold still!" Legolas saw the blood and went to still your tail with his hand, but in a flash you grabbed a shell and broke it, making a sharp weapon.

"Don't touch me," you sounded far more scared than he was. In fact, you were petrified. Who was this man? Why did he have pointy ears and why won't he just go away? Legolas held up his hands in surrender.

"I don't mean to harm you my lady! I want to help you," he said and you could tell that he was telling the truth.

"Why do you want to help me? I'm completely fine on my own," your voice cracked. Legolas looked down at the crimson blood.

"The blood doesn't have me entirely convinced," he looked back up to you. You squinted your eyes at him, but lowered the shell weapon.

"How do I know I can trust you?" You whispered. You had heard tales of land walkers. From what you heard, they were entirely untrustworthy and cruel.

"You have no reason to be frightened," Legolas said as he stripped his bow, daggers, sword, and arrows off his back and placed them far to his right. You were intrigued by his actions and decide to let him come closer.

"What will get this vile contraption off of me?" You asked scooting a little closer so the line wasn't tense and training your flesh wound.

"For that I will need my dagger, but with your permission," he said softly. You looked over at his weapons. This man seemed pretty decent so far. You have him a slight nod.