Vivid

<> A/N: well well well. The last time a one shot or imagine was posted to this collection, was in November of 2016. I'm getting back into writing lotr and TH. Check out my new one shot collection of all the characters not just Legolas.

<> Here is a new addition to this collection and hopefully more to come!

Overview: in an AU where soulmates exists. Everyone sees in black and white until they meet the eyes of their significant other. You meet Legolas for the first time in Rivendell during the meeting of the one ring.

Words: 880

____________

You stared out over the balcony of Imladris, wishing for the millionth time that you could see the beauty of this place in color. The setting sun had to look marvelous right now. You didn't know just...hoped perhaps that it did. Something about the dying day had to look spectacular.

You felt your friend come up beside you. Arwen had been lucky enough to meet her soulmate in Aragorn. You had to admit that you bet extremely envious of it.

Arwen stayed silent beside you until you spoke up, "Tell me it's beautiful like how I imagine it is."

She hummed and rested a hand on your back, "even better than you can imagine. Do not fill your head with these deep seated yearnings. It will only make your life dull."

You scoffed, "I feels pretty dull now, mellonin."

Arwen had a thoughtful look cross her, "Meet me in the gardens. I know a walk there always cheers you up. I will stop by my home and bring us something to eat. I'll meet you there, y/n." She kindly smiled before walking away, her velvety purple robes billowing behind her every step.

You looked back out at the landscape before you one last time with a sigh, you turned and headed for the gardens.

Truth be told you were sure of the gardens would cheer you up this time. What you were missing was color and everything attributed to color you'd come to dread as a result.

You walked around the gardens in your lonesome until Arwen would arrive. You took the time to admired the buzzing and harmonious calls and chirps of the hummingbirds that visited.

You rounded the corner in the garden that was an arch. The calming smell of the lavender that hung from it, weaved in and out of the wooden arch. You had been so ahead of yourself that you'd run into someone.

"Oh! Do forgive me. I am so sorry-" you went to see the face belonging to the one you'd bumped into. His face was very soft and his eyes were kind. What you really noticed the most was the vibrant color of his blue eyes. Your face softened and you were at a loss for words, "oh...t-tell me you see it too."

There had been cases you'd heard of where only one person saw color. This would mean that you could be meant for someone else but they weren't not meant for you. You'd prayed to the Valar before that you would be destined to be with only one other who was just as destined for you.

The ellon, smiled warmly and you felt your heart skip a bear, "I do." He used a warm and smooth hand to caress the soft flesh of your cheek. You tried to blink back the emotion your were feeling. You'd rehearsed what you would say to your soulmate once you'd found them, but in this moment you were completely speechless.

"What is your name?" The elf asked you sweetly. His long silver hair likely meant he was either from Caras Galadhon or Mirkwood.

Y/n, daughter of Alrondil. And you are?"

"Legolas, son of Thranduil."

Your eyes went wide, "k-king Thranduil?"

He chuckled softly, "yes, that is him."

You beamed at him. He was absolutely perfect. A charming prince had been promised to you. You thanked whatever God that was up there that allowed this to be gifted to you. But there was one thing you wanted to see more than anything now.

"Legolas? Would you like to join me for a walk? There is so much I've wanted to see in color." You smiled happily.

Legolas held out his arms for you to take. You gladly looped your arm around his.

Legolas sure eyed the land now with the world bursting in colors. The setting sun casted shades of pink and orange all over the valley it was most certainly beautiful. Looking down at the way you observed this new world made his heart swell. He was surprised at how seeing you happy made him happy. It was all so soon to be feeling this way but he'd been waiting for you for so long now. He knew then that he would do anything for you no questions asked.

The way you watched the sunset with tears in your eyes had been his undoing. Maybe it was too early but he knew it in his heart that he loved you then.

It would be so much harder to leave this haven now that he had joined the company. But that conversation could wait until tomorrow. Nothing was going to ruin this moment.

<><><><><><><>

Don't forget to follow, vote, and comment!

Check out my one-shot collection!