Fear Legolas x (elf) reader

Summary: the reader has an anxiety problem, Legolas is there for her.

words: 336

Note: I really like this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Legolas...I-I don't think I can do this," you were on the verge of tears. You had to make an announcement to the elves of Mirkwood. You had done this little number before, but it never got any easier; your anxiety would be enough to paralyze you.

"Y/n, my darling, I will be right beside you," said your husband Legolas. He grabbed both of your hands and squeezed them.

"B-but I'm so scared," you said faintly and your hands began their slight shaking.

"If it means that much to you, I'll give the speech by myself– you don't have to," he suggested.

You shook your head," I can't do that either Legolas, I can't have you doing everything for me. I have to....overcome this, but I-I need help," and the tears spilled over. You sniffled and tried desperately to wipe your eyes with shaking hands. You felt warm and soft hands go over yours and take them away from your face.

Legolas looked you softly in your eyes," there is nothing on this earth that could lead me astray from you. Not the slightest anxiety nor the night terrors that you have; I am here for you and I will be here for an eternity and beyond that. I would have nothing more than to help make your life a little bit more easy. I would go to the ends of the earth for you y/n. I love you, I will always help you," he leaned forward and placed a kiss on your forehead. When he leaned back he brought a hand up to wiped your tears.

"I love you Legolas," you said to your husband.

"I love you more," he smiled," come, you can stay behind me, hold my hand, I will give the speech. All you have to do is stand there and focus on holding my hand, alright love?" He offered and you nodded eagerly. Before he could get up to give the speech you placed your lips over his.