Chapter 2

-Chapter 2-

Rosie's POV

Cam and I were walking through the mall. Madison and Anthony went to some stores we didn't want to go to, so we all split up. Cam was holding my hand as we walked.

We walked into a 'Footlocker' because Cam wanted some new shoes.

There were shoes of all kinds covering the walls. I sat on a bench about a foot away from the wall Cam was looking at.

A guy about our age started to walk towards us. He had blond hair and green eyes. He came up to me and sat down on the bench next to me.

"Hey." He said.

"Umm hi." I said.

"I've seen you around campus before. You go to Duke right?" He asked me.

"Uhhh maybe." I didn't feel comfortable telling a guy I just met where I am living and studying for the next four years.

"Well I'm Seth." He said putting out his hand. I looked at him like he was crazy. "Don't worry I'm not hitting on you. I have a girlfriend, Reed." He said. I became relieved and shook his hand.

"Well if you are not flirting with me what do you want?" I asked him politely.

"Well actually I was looking for Camoren." He said.

"I'm right here! Hey Seth!" Cam said while bro hugging Seth.

"Seth this is my girlfriend Rosie. Rosie this is my cousin Seth. He goes to Duke with us and I asked him to meet us here." Cam said.

"Hi. I'm Rose." I said.

"Oh I know. You're all Cam ever talked about over the phone the other day. I remember how he used to tease me when I talked about Reed. Now, I can do the same to him." Seth said.

"Ok speaking of Reed. When can we meet the girlfriend of my cousin?" Cam asked.

"Uhh today if you want to. She's shopping around right now. I'll text her to come over here." Seth said.

"Oh great." I said. I was happy to meet Reed. I could use some more girlfriends here.

-----------------

Camoren, Seth, and I were all exiting the store. We made it out into the hallways. We were walking down the walkways when a girl our age came running up to Seth. She had long brown hair and brown eyes. She was pretty skinny.

"Woah Reed slow down. Why are you running?" Seth said as he caught her.

"Sorry baby. I was just trying to catch up with you guys." Reed said.

"Well Rose and Cam this is Reed. Reed this is my cousin Cam and his girlfriend Rose." Seth said.

"Hi I'm Reed." Reed said smiling at us.

"Hi I'm Rosie." I said putting out my hand for her to shake. She shook it.

"I've seen you around campus before. You're friends with Madison right? She asked me.

"Yea how did you know that?" I asked her.

"Well she has pictures of you and her on her binders." Reed said.

"Oh ok." I said.

"Hey chicos. Who are these guys Camoren?" Anthony said as he ran over to us with Maddi in tow. He was motioning to Seth and Reed.

"Oh Anthony this is my cousin Seth and his girlfriend Reed." Cam said.

"Hi I'm Madison and this guy right here is my boyfriend Anthony." Maddi said putting out her hand for Reed to shake.

"I know you. We have some classes together." Reed said as she shook Madison's hand.

"Oh yeah your that girl who was drawing a unicorn on your test in the seat next to me." Maddi said.

"That would be me. I love art." Reed said smiling.

"Cool, so do you guys think we should head back? It's almost 8 now." Maddi said.

"Wow time always passes fast when your in a mall for some reason. Yea lets head back." Reed said.

----------------

We were all back in our dorms except for Anthony and Cam. They were over at our dorm. Cam and I were in my room. I was on my bed studying and Cam was on my floor texting somebody rapidly.

"Cam?" I said.

"Yea." He said not looking up from his phone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked politely.

"My mom." Cam said still not looking up from his phone.

"Cam are you lying to me?" I asked. Cam's head popped up to look at me. His eyes were filled with worry and nervousness.

"Where is this going Rose?" Cam asked. His face was now in front of mine almost three inches away.

"Are you texting another girl?" I asked him. Cam's eyes filled with love and worry. He put his hands on both sides of my head. He started to rub his thumb across my cheek.

"Rose, I love you. Do you actually think I would cheat on you after all we've been through together? Rose I spent two whole years of high school trying to get you to notice me. Why would you even think that I would betray you?" Cam said.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because Kole, my ex, used to text people rapidly and then I found out he was cheating on me." I said.

"Rose, I'm not Kole and unlike him I don't ever think I could ever in my life afford to lose you. I love you. Love isn't just a word it's a promise and I promise never to leave you." Cam said.

"I love you too." I told him.

He kissed me. Our lips moved in sync and butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Cam are you ready to go?" Anthony screamed through the door.

Cam and I shot apart. Cam groaned then, he got up and walked over to the door. He opened it up to reveal a tired looking Anthony.

"Yea I'm ready. Bye babe I love you. I will pick you up from here tomorrow." Cam said while exiting my door.

"I love you too." I said and then my door closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey guys!

I am happy with how many people have started to read this book and I'm getting more reads on the first book as well. Tell me what you think about this book so far!

Love you all and keep reading and voting!

-VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!

-COMMENT!

-FOLLOW ME!

Love,

K.R.D