Chapter 8

~Chapter 8~

Madison's POV

One Week Later.....

Why?

The word keeps running through my head in full repeat. This is my entire fault. I'm the one who led him to thinking that this was the only way to fix this. But why, why does a break up or any matter make innocent people try to take their own lives away. The only thing I know for sure right now is that I love Anthony. He is the only person I ever want to be with, no matter what.

However, at this point I don't even know if it's too late for us. Anthony has been in intensive care at the hospital for the past week. The doctor said he's been in a coma and if everything is correct, Anthony could wake up and recover today, hopefully. The doctor said his body seems to be fine except for some cuts but, his head.....that's another story. The doctor can't tell exactly what part since Anthony is in a coma however, he thinks a part of Anthony's brain must have been hit too hard in the crash and it may have shut down. Permanently.

I still can't help but think that this is my entire fault. My.....friend... may be going through some kind of mental thing because of me.

Today is a Saturday. I'm wearing a floral mini skirt, a white shirt, and sandals. My medium length blonde hair is put back in a curled ponytail.

I'm in the hospital's waiting room. Waiting room...I really don't like this place. It's a place where you wait to hear the outcome of your loved ones. I'm sitting next to Anthony's mom who is crying her eyes out. She doesn't even know why he tried to do this. It pains me so much. Anthony's dad didn't show up. I don't know the reason all I know is that if my son tried to commit suicide, I would definitely be there. Rose and Cam are at the campus. I told them I would tell them everything when I got back.

"Madison?" I heard Anthony's mom, Sophia, croak. She has Anthony's gray eyes but, she has a much lighter brown hair.

"Yes mam." I answered her.

"Are you and my son still together?" Sophia asked.

"No." I said barely in a whisper.

"Why?" She asked shocked. I turned to face her.

"He told me he cheated when we first got together and he lied about it. I needed some time to think it over." I told her sadly. Sophia smiled sadly at me. There was something about Sophia. She is definitely a mom to me since I never knew mine. I was adopted. My parents look nothing like me so it's obvious. I feel like I can tell Sophia anything.

"Wow. I'm sorry. Have you figured anything out yet?" She asked with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"Yes. I love him. I want to be with him no matter what happens to him in there. All I know is that I can't imagine any piece of my life without him." I told her.

"I knew you were a keeper ever since Anthony first introduced me to you. You are already a part of our family Madison whether you two end up together or not." Sophia told me smiling. The first smile she's had since we've been in here.

"Thank you." I said and hugged her. Just then the waiting room doors burst open.

"Can we have Anthony Rivera's immediate family to come with me?" The doctor said. Anthony's mom hopped up. She started walking but, turned around to look at me.

She motioned for me to come and I listened. When we got to the door, the doctor looked at me funny. Probably because I didn't look like I have any Latino heritage in me whatsoever.

"What's your name?" The doctor asked me.

"Madison Rivera. She's his wife." Sophia said quickly. The doctor nodded and I had a shocked expression on my face. The doctor moved out the way and led us down the hall.