Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The sky was dark only lit by a couple of stars and the dim lights coming from the ceiling of the dressed down club.

My mind was foggy and I was having a hard time comprehending anything. I was standing in between Cameron's legs as he sat on a bar stool and the bartender kept handing me drinks. I could tell I was pretty wasted but, what the bartender kept giving me was really delicious and addicting.

I was wearing a pair of really short jean short and a cream lace top. I also wore black stilettos. My hair was down and I wore silver hoop earrings.

Cameron looked amazing in his dark jeans and white t-shirt. He had a protective arm around my waist and was talking to Anthony but, I could tell he was keeping a very close eye on me.

"Cameron I want more." I said eyeing the empty glass in my hand.

He looked at me and frowned.

"Baby, I think you've had enough of those." He reasoned. I pouted.

"But I want more." I whined. Cameron leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead. He then shook his head. I pouted.

The music became louder and I glared as my head began to pound. I looked around and noticed all of the people around the club were grinding, drinking, smoking, and making out. Typical.

The music seemed to keep increasing in volume making my head pound more and more. I buried my head in Cameron's neck and took deep breaths.

"You okay?" Cameron whispered into my ear. I shook my head. "You wanna leave?" He asked.

"No. You're having fun. I don't want to take you away." I said.

Cameron grabbed my chin to make me look at him.

"Hey. You come first. I would miss my own Presidential Inauguration if you weren't feeling well. Now I'm going to ask you again. Do you want to leave?" He said. I looked at him but, his stare broke me and I begrudgingly nodded.

Cameron whispered something to Anthony and we left the club.

********

I laughed loudly.

"Cameron stop." I exclaimed happily.

Cameron took me home to his house. We were laying outside in his huge backyard on a blanket. Crystal had left us popcorn and strawberries. Cameron was making me drink a lot of water to help with my alcohol intake. John was inside with Crystal so she was fully occupied and Daze went to the movies with Caleb.

I stared up at the sky. The stars captivating my eyes. Cameron kept trying to tickle me and interrupting my thought process.

"Cameron?" I whispered. I shifted to look at him. He was sitting up and staring down at me.

"Yes."

"I need to ask you something." I whispered.

"I'm all ears." He said.

His eyes bore into mine.

"Do you believe this is true love?" I asked him.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He looked me in the eyes with seriousness.

"Is that a trick question?" He asked me.

I sat up and ran a hand through my hair.

"Cameron, do you believe if we didn't meet, you know....this way.... then somehow somewhere we would've met and be just like we are now?" I asked him. Cameron looked at me seriously.

"Yes of course I do. Rose I've proven to you many times that we belong together. There is no doubt in my mind that if this was not us right now then somehow somewhere we would have found each other again." Cameron said. I looked at him and nodded.

"And you truly believe that? Be honest." I told him.

"Yes. I truly believe that." Cameron said. I looked away.

If he truly believed that, then so did I. I knew I had to leave him. It was the only way I could ensure his safety along with keeping my mind free of distractions.

I had to get through the court hearing by myself. I didn't want any violence because we both knew Cameron would just end up in jail. I seriously need to do this by myself.

I knew that would mean at least three months without him. The court hearing was in three weeks so I would book my plane for one week from now.

However, the whole entire separation and paperwork process could take a year to finalize everything. One whole year without Cameron, maybe even more.

I looked at him. I knew our relationship could last it and I knew if it was meant to be we would find each other again. I had to have faith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

So sorry for the wait....I had to get adjusted to the school year but you guys were rewarded with Chapters 19, 20, 21, and 22. Hope you like them!!!!! Chapter 23 and 24 should be up by next week. Love you all!!!!!!

- VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!

- COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

- FOLLOW ME!!!!!

Love,
K.R.D