Chapter 25 - The End

Chapter 25

Six Years Later.......

I laughed. The wine glass in my hand shaking lightly. Dina looked at me. Her long dark brown hair moving off of her shoulder.

"Okay how about that one?" She said pointing over to the bar. I looked over and saw two men. One was a blonde and one was a red head. I scrunched up my nose in with disturbance. I've never been into blondes or red heads.

"Which one the blonde or the red head?" I asked her.

"Either one I guess. They are both hot." Dina said while eyeing them both.

"No. Find someone else. I am not attracted to blondes or redheads." I said.

"What? I love myself a good red head. They are more fun." Kelsey exclaimed and winked at all of us. We all laughed. Kelsey was a gorgeous blonde with bold green eyes. She was the same age as me at the lovely twenty four.

 After the court trial with my disgrace of a father, I had a lot of free time. I finished college two years early and then went into training at the hospital Dina works at. After a year of training, it was decided that I was ready to take a real job there. I became a teen counselor. So I could help kids like me with rough pasts grow and venture out into a better future. Now I worked at the hospital where Dina, Kelsey, and our last member of our friend group Paige became my best friends.

Daisal moved out and now was twenty two and had her own place. She lived only ten minutes away from me and we met together whenever we could. She attended a nearby university and it was her last year.

My love life has been pretty nonexistent as I was focused on work. I've went out on some dates but no one can please me. Daisal said my heart will only settle for the one and only Harris boy that it fell in love with eight years ago.

As for him, I haven't seen him, contacted him, or any one of the Harris's since. Of course, I missed them but I was actually enjoying my life right now.

I didn't think I changed to much. Of course I was more mature and I received more in the curves department but in all I looked the same with the same long brown hair and dark green eyes.

I watched as the red head looked at Kelsey and openly checked her out. He then winked at her. Kelsey looked at us.

"I think I'll be right back. I'm pretty sure I just found my next boy toy." She said.

"Wait... what happened to your last one?" Paige asked. Paige was a gorgeous Asian. She was a year older than me at twenty five. She had long black hair that was to die for and her dark eyes could capture any man.

All of us were single except Dina, who was actually planning a wedding which I was her maid of honor in and Paige and Kelsey were bridesmaids. Her fiancé's name was Derrick and he was one of the hottest guys I had ever seen.

"Oh honey I ditched him just like the other hundred of them. Gotta go. Love ya." Kelsey said and walked over to the red head guy leaving only three in our group.

"How does she do that?" Paige asked.

"I have no idea." I replied as we watched Kelsey and the guy flirt up a storm.

"Dina we still have to go find your dress and our dresses." Paige said. Dina rubbed her temples.

"Gosh girl, don't remind me. Planning a wedding is just so much work." Dina exclaimed.

"You guys, what's taking the boys so long?" I asked them both. Dina checked her phone.

"I don't know. Derrick said they would be here any minute." Dina said.