Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Baby, wake up." I heard someone whisper in my ear. I turned around in the sheets and yawned.

My eyes drifted open and the lights blinded me. I sat up and looked around.

Cam was laying on the hospital bed next to me. There was a nurse next to him cleaning his shoulder. I looked up at her. She was a rather young women and she was gorgeous. I could see in her eyes that she was enjoying touching him way more than I would like. I internally glared at her.

"Your wound looks much better than yesterday." The nurse said. She started to pack up her things and in a second she left the room.

"How did you survive?" I whispered.

Cam sat up behind me and he started kissing my collarbone. He used one of his free hands to move my hair to give himself more access.

"When you tackled Jeremy, you made him lose aim. He shot my shoulder instead of my head. You saved me." Cam said in between kisses.

I turned my head a little to look at him. His hair was messed up a little but, it made him look amazingly sexy. His green eyes sparkled as he was staring back at me.

"Well you've saved my life countless times, even when you were not attending to. It was my turn to return the favor." I said softly.

Cam smirked. He then climbed off the bed and came around the bed to stand right in front of me.

He put both of his hands on either side of my face. I looked at him suspiciously. I moved myself to sitting on the edge of the bed with my legs dangling off.

"Cam? What are you doing?" I asked him. He continued to stare at me seriously.

"You know something that has really been bothering me? It's not the fact that you fought with me. Rose, I could handle a fight with you any day. We both know that eventually we are going to come back to each other and even if we don't a relationship will never be the same with someone else. What bothered me the most is the fact that you took this off." Cam said and pulled a ring from his back pocket. It was my promise ring.

"You don't have to apologize or feel bad. All I want is for you to put it back on and promise me you will never take it off again no matter what happens to us." Cam said seriously.

"I promise." I said and looked at him.

I put my left hand out for him and he slid the ring back on my finger.

"Okay. Are you ready for your check up Ms. Stone?" I heard a feminine voice say.

I turned around to see Dr. Jeanette from yesterday. She was carrying a pair of clothes.

"Um.. yes mam." I responded.

"Great. Mr. Harris your drug counselor is in his office waiting for you. Your friends came by and dropped off some clothes for you both. Mr. Harris you can change and then go to your session." Dr. Jeanette said.

Cameron kissed me on the cheek. He then looked at me in a way that told me not to leave the hospital and I nodded.

He then received his clothes and walked out of my room's door.

"Sweetie, you should keep that young man around. Whether you two are together or not, he cares about you. It's hard to find that easily now a days." Dr. Jeanette said.

I smiled lightly. "Thank you." I responded as that was the only thing that came to my mind at that moment.

"Here, change dear. You may use the shower if needed." She said to me and I nodded I took the clothes from her and entered the bathroom.