Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The smooth leather rubbed against my thigh as I scooted farther away from Cameron for the millionth time the entire car ride to his house.

He kept reaching out with attempts to pull me closer or attach his hand to my thigh. Every time he did I would shudder away in annoyance.

My body was firmly pressed against the car door, ready to hop out when the car stopped.

Cameron's amused smile had turn to a frown of annoyance and his eyes flashed with longing every time we made eye contact.

Crystal was driving the car home with her hair flowing down to her back making her look beautiful as ever. I watched as she looked back at us and her eyes scrunched up in worry. She didn't say anything though which I was thankful for.

We pulled outside of the Harris residence. The mansion still struck me with excitement to this day whenever I saw it.

"Daisal and Caleb went to school and then Caleb texted me and told me that he wanted to take Daisal out to ice cream afterwards. So they won't be home for a few more hours. They have grown quite fond of each other. I barely ever see them separated. I mean they are both sixteen now so they may have developed crushes for each other. I would let them date if Caleb asked me, but he's a little slow in that department. I also enrolled both of them in a private academy so when they come home you will get to see their uniforms." Crystal ran by us as we got out of the car.

I opened my door and stepped out to see Cameron getting our bags out the trunk. I grabbed my purse and entered the house with Crystal.

"So Rose, how are you?" Crystal said while walking to the kitchen.

I sat down in one of the bar stools as she put on a oven mitt and pulled a batch of cookies out of the oven.

"I'm fine. I mean I've been keeping up my grades. I am one of the top students." I told her.

"Great. How's you and Cameron?" She asked. She looked at me as she put a cookie in her mouth.

"We're great. I mean we have had a lot of arguments in the last few months, today included but I personally think it's because we are getting stronger." I told her.

"Do you love him?" She asked.

"Of course." I quickly said.

"Then that's all that matters." She said. I smiled at her.

"How are you?" I asked her. She looked at me bashfully.

"I've started dating again." She answered with a small smile.

That made me excited. Crystal lost her husband more than ten years ago. She doesn't really talk about why or what happened. I've been waiting for her to get back out there. She's a beautiful woman so to me it was only fair that she found someone to cherish that.

"Did you find anyone you like?" I asked her.

"I met this guy. He's only two years older than me. His name is John. We've been out on about six dates. He wants to come and meet you guys but I don't know. I'm still nervous." She told me.

"Is he cute?" I asked with a smile. She looked at me with a huge smile.

"He's amazing." She answered. We both laughed.

"Then what are you waiting for. Give the guy a chance. He likes you and he's cute. What's stopping you?" I told her.

"You are right. I'll invite him over to dinner tonight. When do you and Cameron leave?" She asked me.