The last day

They were walking in scilence next to each other, holding hands. As they reached the academy, Ichiru stopped her and made her look into his eyes.

'Rina, please!' he said. 'We can be happy together!'

'Ichiru, you know that i love him, and you love Shizuka, am i right?' he nooded.

'But we have something together!' he said.

'I know. And i am sorry!' Ichiru looked down.

'I have to go.' he said quietly.

'Are you leaving the academy?' he nooded.

'I was here just because of you. I dont have a reason to stay.'

'I understand.' she tryed not to cry. 'I wish we could meet earlyer!' she said.

'I wish too. We could be a good couple!' she laughed up uneasily, butr words were like sharp blades in her chest.

'Yes, i believe so.' Ichiru pressed her hand.

'I will never forgive this to him!' he hissed.

'Ichiru, its not his fault!'

'Without him, you could be with me, Rina! Yes, its his fault!' he said and Rina touched his face.

'If i were you, i would leave Shizuka nad start another life somewhere else!' Ichiru laughed.

'I wanted to do it with you! Just with you!' Rina hugged him tightly and burryed her face into his chest.

'I am sorry. So sorry!' he hugged her back and they were in scilence for a while, not doing anything, just feeling each others warmth. Than Rina pulled away. 'We have to go!' she said and Ichiru took off the little bells, that were in his hair. He grabbed one bell and placed it into Rinas palm.

'Remember me! In this way, part of me will be with you, and part of you can stay with me!' Rina closed her fingers around the little thing and cried. Ichirus silver hair was sparkling in the early sunlight and he pulled Rina into a last kiss. Than, he let go of her. ' Have a good journay!' he said and turned around. Rina was watching his back, and part of her wanted to run after him, but she didnt. They didnt love each other, they didnt know each other, but they were somehow similar. Together, they were complete! She was pressing the little bell and cryed scilently.

'Rina!' someone said and Rina turned around to face Zero.

'Zero? Are you here?' she asked, brushing her tears.

'Yes.'  she wanted to go away, but he stopped her. 'Do you love Ichiru?' he asked, and Rina was thinking about it.

'Loving him? No, its not love. ' she looked after him one more time. 'But in another life, I would leave the academy with him.' she said.

'Why dont you go now? You are not happy here, Rina. You said that you like Shizuka, and you have feelings for Ichiru. Than why do you stay?' Rina looked into his eyes.

'Because its too late. We both went too far to start a new life together.' she said, watching the bell.

'I am sorry!' said Zero.

'Zero, can we meet later?' asked Rina.

'Yes, when?'

'At 3, maybe. At night, i mean.' Zero was surprised, but nooded.

'All right, where?'

'On the roof of the gate. But its important, Zero! Make sure you come!'

'I will be there, dont worry!' Rina smiled to him and walked away, to start the last day of her life. She had a lot to do. As she was walking, she hugged hershelf again, because it was still cold. Finally, its over! She took a deepbreath and made her way towards the Moon dorm, to talk to Kaname. Her legs were shaking, maybe because of the shock. Death has been so close to her, and now, there were no way to escape. It was really over, and she wanted to say goodbye from those she loved.