Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

I woke up to Paige nudging me trying to wake me. I was so pissed at this because I just wanted to sleep. My sleeping patterns with the baby is a mess. I opened my eyes adjusting to the light to see all the girls getting their little hand luggage before walking off the bus. I stayed in my seat trying not fall back asleep. I waited for everyone else to get off the bus before Paige and I got off.

Once we got off the bus I saw my Mom with my luggage and Paige's over by Abby ready of her to pick up. I laughed as she groaned. "You're so lucky. You don't have to carry anything." She grabbed her luggage and we entered the venue. Crowds stood around the sides cheering as we walked past. We smiled and waved at a few fans. I even hugged a little girl about 3 who told me she loved me.

It got me emotional. It got me thinking as I walked to our dressing room, was that what it felt like to be a mother? Is that how I will hold my baby? Will I be a good Mother?All these questions that were unanswerable ran through my mind.

We met the select team outside the changing rooms. I didn't want to be dancing with those girls, I wanted to be dancing with my girls. The girls I have been dancing with since I was three. The girls who are supportive of each other no matter what. The girls who I can tell anything to with this situation being an exception. The girls I can be myself around. The girls who I pray for before they go on stage. The girls who have seen me on my worst days. The girls who have seen me on my good days. The girls who talk about boys with me. The girls who have fun with me. The girls who go shopping with me.The girls I love.

Abby opened the door and walked in before anyone else. We followed and the original team set up their light up mirrors and their tables. The select team looked a little out of place because they didn't have these luxuries we had. They dumped all their stuff into piles on the floor rummaging through it when necessary.

Josh wasn't in the room he was waiting outside like a Larry.

Mom curled Brooke's hair and pulled her bangs back before putting a baby pink bow into her hair. While Mom was doing that, I was doing my own makeup which is what all of us girls do. I put on my face powder my blush my mascara my eyeliner my lipstick my lipliner. Kelly was helping Mackenzie out with her makeup because for her trio she has her face as if she had frost bite.

Once I finished my makeup I waited until Mom had finished Brooke's hair. I walked over to Abby, she is the one we go to once our makeup is done so she can inspect it.

"Looks good Chloe." Abby smiled I closed my eyes as Abby sprayed hairspray on my face to secure my makeup.

Paige had finished her makeup and had gotten it inspected by Abby and Mom was still doing Brooke's hair. My first dance was the trio, Paige and I went behind the black curtain to get into our costumes. For this dance it was a black leotard with a chiffon wrapover skirt.

I didn't think that Abby thought it through when she made the costume decision because Black shows off your figure and line of your body which is why in Ballet you often wear black leotard to see your figure. I normally wouldn't mind wearing black but under the circumstances I can't afford to let everyone see my bump. It is also very noticeable.

I looked at Paige with a panicked expression. "I'll go talk to Abby." She said before walking out of the curtains.