Chapter Twenty Three

While Paige is gone, I change back into my other clothes and walk out. Paige is the only one dressed. I walked out from behind the curtain and everyone was talking amongst them self and Mom had finished Brooke's hair.

I sat in the seat ready for my turn with the curlers. But before Mom could start Abby pulled me up and behind the curtains shouting over her shoulder, "Do Paige's hair next."

When we were behind the curtain, Abby picked up my folded costume from the rails.

"Can you put it on so I can see?" She asked. I stripped out of my clothes and put on my costume where my bump was visible. I saw her smiling as she saw it. "It's becoming more realistic now isn't it?" She said softly.

I nodded rubbing my stomach. "Okay well, I'm gonna change the dance a little, I'll explain with the other two in a minute. But I have a fake baby bump in my bag and I'll bring this is here. You pretend to put it on and you can portray a teenage Mom with the help of your friends okay?" I nodded and she walked out. I stood there for a few minutes rubbing my bump.. I had seen my bump before but that's in the bath this is like real life. I can't believe this is happening.

"What's that for?" Someone asked from outside.

"Oh, it's for Chloe and her trio with Brooke and Page."Abby lied. I poked my head out and took it off her. She subtly winked at me.

She came back in and passed me the bump. I hid it behind a box and smoothed my outfit down. I walked out from behind the curtain.

"Looking good."Brooke smirked as she walked passed me. Mom was doing my hair a little different to theirs. Mine was straight with my bangs pulled back and curled under the bow.

When Brooke walked out and my hair was done. Abby pulled the three of us aside as the others were getting ready. "Brooke,"Abby turned to Brooke. "Can you remember the dance you did as a group with the seniors at the end of last month about the baby?" She asked. Brooke nodded. "Well do yo think you could teach Chloe and Paige so it goes with the song. We're using Chloe as a teenage Mom because he bump was showing we needed a cover story and this is what we came up with. Everyone will think it's fake but its not." She explained.

We all agreed and walked back to the group. Everyone was ready. The select team was in their group costumes. Maddie Mackenzie and Nia was in their trio costumes that we're about to compete against.

The six of us held hands as we walked back stage with the Moms The select team and Josh following behind. We went backstage and the other wished us luck before they carried on walking to the auditorium door.

Once backstage, Brooke Paige and I walked away from the other three to talk a little being preforming.

"So, how are you gonna tell the others?" Brooke asked as we stretched a little.

"I don't know yet, I'll probably pretend to let it slip when I talk to Josh." I said. This was true, I didn't know how I was gonna tell the others, I just knew that I needed to tell them today. This is the last competition I'm going to compete it.

"Oh well if you need help, just ask you okay?" I nodded.

Maddie Nia and Mackenzie were preparing to go out on stage, their dance is Jazz and a circus theme. We stood in the wings cheering for our team mates. Their dance was amazing, it has Acro, it had tightrope walking, it had flying. Only Nia was flying because she was the only one they could harness. The others couldn't fit into it.

After they competed and they came off stage. I hugged them all congratulating them before walking on stage into my position. We were dancing through the song. We knew that it was the last time the three of us were going to compete together. It made this dance mean more than it should have. We were pretty proud that in a short amount of time we changed our original dance. I liked it. We did the last count of eight before ending.

The crowd erupted into cheers. We smiled made eye contact with the judges curtsied and walked off holding hands. Once off stage, Brooke Paige and I hugged each other breathlessly before the other three joined in on the group hug.

We all went back into the changing room and the girls changed into their group dance costume, Josh was already in his costume for the duet. The select team was already in their group dance costume. Brooke, Paige and Mackenzie were getting into their group costume.

I was having my hair done while the other girls were changing because if I got changed with them they'll notice my bump. So I was having my hair put into a messy bum with a flower on the side.

The other girls came out from behind the curtain. Maddie had a lilac leotard with a chiffon wrap over, On the leotard was a row of flowers going up the right strap. Nia was in my costume which was a two piece. It was a blue crop top and a white pair of bootyshorts with a chiffon dress over it. She looked really pretty. The other three were in their group dance costume which was a dress that was white and purple splats.

Mom finished my hair just in time and I went to change into my costume which was a purple dress that I had in my closet with a pair of black booty shorts on underneath. Before walking out from the curtain, I remembered The fake baby bump which I picked up and carried out with me.

I passed it to Abby with a smirk."Thank you." She said. She sprayed another coat of hairspray on my face. I put on my jazz shoes. I walked out side to Josh who wasn't allowed in the changing rooms for obvious reasons.

"You okay?" He asked, taking my hand.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just tired." I sighed. As he pushed me against the wall holding me by the hips.

"Are you sure you wanna do this dance?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, if it's gonna be the last time I dance then I want to dance as much as I can." I mumbled resting my head on his chest.

"Okay." He whispered. "How about, you take a little nap before we compete. We have about half an hour." He said.

"Sounds good." I mumbled sliding down the wall resting my head on it falling asleep. The last think I felt was Josh wrapping his arms around me puling my head into his lap. "I love you Chlo."

leH7tow