Chapter 6

Behind the main building of Coral Coast Island Academy is a long field

Behind the main building of Coral Coast Island Academy is a long field. Half of the field has a stage at one end and is used for ceremonies and dueling class. The other half of the field is a jousting arena with stadium seating that wraps around three sides of the field. The seating at the one end has a tunnel that leads behind the arena to the stables.

Next to the ceremonial part of the field is a building surrounded by tall hedge bushes that is separate from the main academy building. While the guys are in their dueling and jousting classes, many of the girls have some type of unidentified class only known to them in the building next to the field. As the girls file into the large building, squires assist Asher and Baschera in putting on their armor as they prepare for Jousting class. Asher props his foot on a bench in the first row of the stadium seating while he puts on one of his leg bracers.

"I wonder what they even do in that class?" questions Asher as he motions to the girls who are walking into the building.

"I don't know," admits Baschera as he stares at Lady Fallon.

"Have you ever been inside that building?" asks Asher.

"No. Why, have you?" returns Baschera not seeming to care as he gets one last glimpse of Fallon.

"No, I haven't. Obviously that's why I was asking you!" Asher exclaims, a bit irritated.

"What? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," admits Baschera.

"I noticed!" retorts Asher as he becomes more frustrated.

"What were you saying now?" questions Baschera.

"Well, I was trying to explain to you that I asked Rose what class they had once, but she acted a little strange and gave me the run around. Don't you think it's a little weird that we've never been in that building and we have no idea what class the girls are in?" asks Asher.

"It's probably some kind of girly emotional type class or something to do with babies. Who cares," proclaims Baschera as he punches Asher in the chest armor. "Quit worrying about meaningless stuff and prepare yourself to be de-horsed."

"You would de-horse your future king?" questions Asher.

"Damn right I would. You need to be toughened up a bit if you plan to be my future king. Besides, if you do end up dying during training it would be considered an accident. So in turn, it wouldn't be my fault, and because of my father's illness, that would put me next in line for the throne," explains Baschera with a devious smirk.

"Is that so? That sounded like a plot against your future king to me. Maybe I'll just have you beheaded for treason. Don't worry though, I'll make sure to have your pretty little head stuffed and displayed for all to see in my trophy case," retorts Asher with a laugh.

"Too bad it would be the only thing in your trophy case. Plus, you'd have to find someone good enough to take my head in the first place," returns Baschera.