Chapter 11

Zane awakes as light rushes into the room

Zane awakes as light rushes into the room. He opens his eyes enough to barely make out a figure walking toward his bed from the giant window now blinding him. With light peering through the window behind the figure, Zane can't seem to make out who the person is. His heart begins to race as feelings and memories of the attack flood his thoughts.

"Rise and shine! Breakfast is ready!" announces Sherry with a smile as she gets close enough to where Zane can identify her.

He takes a deep breath and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Aw. It's morning already?" he moans as he rubs his eyes.

"It's actually getting close to midday already. You need to eat some food and then you're getting out of bed today. You need to build your strength, and getting back on your feet will help with that," insists Sherry. She sits a tray full of food down on the table next to the bed and then helps him sit up. 

Zane wipes his eyes and then yawns and stretches while making a loud grunting noise. "Damn it!" he yells loudly as pain shoots up his side.

"Easy! You can't stretch like that for a while. Are you alright?" she questions with concern.

"Yeah, I forgot about it there for a minute," he admits.

"Well that's not a very smart thing to do. Eat up and I'll be back in a few to help you get dressed and out of bed," orders Sherry. She sits a glass of milk down on the table next the bed and starts to walk out of the room.

"Hey Sherry," responds Zane to get her attention.

She stops in the doorway and turns around.

"Thank you," he acknowledges.

"Your welcome," she declares with a smile and then exits the room.

Zane sits in silence for a while eating his breakfast as he wonders how strange everything has become. After he finishes his breakfast, Sherry walks in and lays a set of fresh new clothes onto the bed and starts to collect the dishes.

"Go ahead and put as many of these on as you can and I'll help you with the rest," she insists as she hands him the clothes.

"But these aren't my clothes," he declares with confusion.

"Well, they are now," reveals Sherry. "Lord Garrin figured that you would be staying a while and you only had the clothes you were wearing when you arrived, so he sent my husband to the market to get some clothes for you."

"He bought clothes for me?" questions Zane. "But these are really nice. I can't afford these."

"It's alright Zane. He's not looking for you to repay him. He likes helping others. That is his repayment," answers Sherry.

"I don't know what to say. All of this, it's too much," he declares.

"Don't worry about it Zane. You're going to be well taken care of from now on," she admits.