Chapter 62

Zane stirs in his bed at Brinonberg Palace as sounds of carriages entering the outer courtyard echo throughout the castle. He wipes his eyes in an attempt to wake as he yawns loudly. His movement causes Rose to stir, exposing her nude body as the blanket shifts. He smiles deviously as he looks her over before she opens her eyes. She smiles and grabs his arm, pulling him toward her.

He scoots closer and slides on top of her. He kisses her chest, and then slowly moves up her neck and to her soft lips. She feels his excitement and grabs his backside, pulling him upward. "Good morning!" she moans with a smile.

"Good morning beautiful!" he responds with a smile as he continues the upward motion.

She continues pulling on his nude backside until a familiar name is called from the inner courtyard.

"Lord Garrin!" shouts Crispin. "It's good to see you!"

Her eyes widen. "My father is here!"

They struggle to quickly get out of bed and start frantically searching for clothes. Zane quickly grabs a fresh pair of trousers and a tunic from his changing room and pulls them on as Rose puts on a clean dress. He stops to kiss her as she attempts to fix her hair. "I love you," he announces with a smile as he grabs his boots.

She smiles. "I love you too."

As they finish getting dressed, they exit the room calmly and head down the hall to the stairs. His Royal Guardsmen follow as they walk downstairs and enter the inner courtyard. Zane's eyes light up as he sees his Aunt Martha and Uncle Charles with Garrin and Gregor,

"Your Highness!" issues Charles, and they all bow as Zane approaches.

Zane grabs his Uncle and hugs him tightly.

"We are so proud of you," announces Charles as Martha gets in on the hug.

"I've missed you," declares Zane as he lets go of them. "I've missed all of you." He takes a moment and hugs each of them, even Gregor, who shows awkwardness toward the hug of course. Zane grins at the sight of Gregor's surprise.

Rose greets Charles and Martha with a hug. "It's nice to finally meet each of you," she acknowledges. "I look forward to spending time with both of you."

"You are even prettier than I've heard," declares Charles as he kisses her hand.

"Thank you," replies Rose with a smile. "Once you have settled in, I would like if the four of us could have lunch or dinner together."

"We would enjoy that," agrees Martha.

"I must go say hi to Sherry and William as well, but I shall return," declares Rose as she heads to toward the outer courtyard.

"We have heard many glorious tales of your victories your Highness," confesses Garrin. "I know I speak for everyone in Chora Province when I say that we are very proud of you. Many have begun to refer to you as the Champion of Chora."