Chapter 12

A sudden knocking sound at the door awakens Baschera from a deep sleep

A sudden knocking sound at the door awakens Baschera from a deep sleep. He sits up and looks around the room without knowing why. In his state of confusion, he gets up and opens the curtains covering the giant window next to his bed. He notices that the sun is starting to rise. He hears the knocking sound again, but this time he's able to process the fact that someone is at the door. He crosses the large room and opens the door. He peaks his head out the door to see another student walking down the hall knocking on all the doors for wake up call. He pops his head back into the room and approaches Asher.

"Hey! It's time to get up," Baschera claims as he smacks Asher's leg.

"Go away!" Asher replies as he rolls over.

"Get up or there will be consequences," warns Baschera.

"Will you two shut up already!" shouts Dekker.

"You shut up. You're next. Alright Asher, time's up," Baschera declares as he knuckle punches Asher in the back of the leg. "Dead leg!"

"Ouch!" cries Asher holding the back of his leg while trying to get out of bed.

"I told you there would be consequences!" retorts Baschera as he prepares for Asher's retaliation.

Asher hops to a table and grabs a dagger. "You're going to pay for that!" he claims as he hops after Baschera.

"What are going to do with that?" questions Baschera while trying to flee.

Baschera ducks and dodges Asher's attempts while jumping on and over furniture in the room. "Your attempts are weak," Baschera mocks as he scrambles to get away.

"There are people trying to sleep! Shut the hell up!" Dekker barks angrily.

Asher stops chasing Baschera and starts a series of quiet signals. He puts the dagger down and sticks out his hand as a sign of truce. Baschera shakes Asher's hand and then he motions toward Dekker. They smile in agreement and then sneak quietly over to the side of Dekker's bed. They reach down and grab the side of the bed while trying to hold back their laughter. Asher puts a finger over his lips as a sign to be quiet while trying to keep himself from laughing.

Asher mouths. "On three."

Baschera nods in agreement.

"One... two... three. Asher mouths quietly as they both yank the side of Dekkers bed up as hard as they can.

Dekker takes flight and collides hard with the floor. "What the hell!" he screams as he scrambles to get up.

The bed crashes loudly back onto the floor as they laugh and take off running. Dekker grabs everything in sight and starts throwing anything he can get his hands on at Asher and Baschera. They continue to laugh as they head out the door to their room to get away. Dekker opens up the door and chucks a book down the hall at them that inevitably falls short. They laugh even harder in a mocking manner.