Chapter 40

Baschera and Ezra stare at the large Rebel force that has now turned their attention toward them

Baschera and Ezra stare at the large Rebel force that has now turned their attention toward them. The Rebels slowly march in their direction while unaware of Baschera's troops hidden behind the large hill he sits atop.

"Let's show these Rebels that we've got a sizable force as well." Asserts Baschera.

"We should have the last row stop at the top of the hill to make them think we have more hidden behind the hill." Insists Ezra.

"That's a good idea. You, Soldier, go tell the last row to stop at the top of the hill as we move forward." Baschera orders a nearby Soldier.

They watch the Rebel army continue to grow in size as they cross the Olaf River.

"Where did they get so many?" Questions Ezra.

"I was just wondering that myself." Admits Baschera.

The Soldier falls back into place and gives Baschera a nod.

"Alright men, let's show them what they're up against." Yells Baschera as they ride slowly toward the Rebels.

The Rebels begin to cheer in excitement for battle as they see row after row of troops crest the hill.

"Keep an eye on the hill and let me know when the last row stops at the peak." Baschera orders Ezra.

"Alright."

Ezra watches behind them as row after row of troops continue over the hill until the last row stops.

"They've stopped." Reports Ezra.

Baschera and the rest of his army come to a halt as they bluff to have an even larger force. They watch as a large amount of Rebels in the rear stop, while the majority continues toward them.

"Why did that portion break off?" Questions Ezra.

"They're holding back their better fighters and their sorcerers because they think they can win without them. The Rebels that continue to march toward us are expendable, which tells me that they have a lot more where these came from." Explains Baschera.

"That's a lot of expendable people." Observes Ezra.

"I like the odds." Smiles Baschera as the Rebel army finally stops a short distance in front of them.

"Instead of commanding from the rear, I would like to stay at your side." Insists Ezra.

"Alright." Agrees Baschera. "Who would you like to command the Soldiers in the rear? We never did discuss who would be your Deputy Commander."

"I think Lord Roop is best fit." Answers Ezra.

"So be it then. Lord Roop!" Baschera turns and yells.