Chapter Seventeen

I stretched my arms out expecting to feel the warm covers of my hotel bed but rather I grasped the rough carpet of the hotel corridor.

My hand was nudged away by a sleepy figure beside me. I heard a quiet yawn and a slight groan by who I recall was Louis. My mind refreshed of last night's occurrence on the lift and I laughed to myself as I opened my eyes.

After a little while, a strong odor found its way to my nose and I realized a large pair of feet stood before my face.

"Missing something?"

I propped myself up onto my elbows, looking up at the large person. My dad stood before me holding my key card to the hotel room in his hand.

"You've lost your sneaking ways, Mel." he chuckled, dropping the key card into my lap and walking back into the hotel room. He left the door open behind him. Louis sat up, leaning into my shoulder lazily.

"Well I'm glad he's not so over protective anymore or we would've gotten in some major trouble" Louis said, stretching his arms out.

I turned my head to look at Louis, just as tired as he seemed last night.

"Yeah he's loosened up a lot since... you know..." I said, "but there's still got to be a catch"

Just on cue I heard my dad's voice.

"Oh, and I still expect a detailed explanation of what happened last night" He called out from the hotel room.

"And there it is" Louis laughed.

I got up, leaning in the wall watching Louis as he stood in front of his and the boys' hotel room. He too had left his key card behind but nevertheless he was still trying to get inside the room. He tried several techniques from yelling the boys' names to kicking down the door but to no prevail.

"Will you just give up already? You're going to wake up the rest of the building or trigger a burglary alarm" I giggled, gesturing for him to follow me into mine and Dad's room.

"True." He stated reluctantly, "If I'm not louder than a mob of screaming fans, there's no chance of me waking them up."

He followed me into my hotel room. Dad was at the mini fridge searching for something in particular. Louis took a seat at the couch and pulled out his phone, scrolling through his Twitter newsfeed. I slouched down beside him looking at his screen as he did so.

We all seemed relaxed but I knew none of us knew what to expect. What was Dad going to do? Give us a lecture? Ban me from leaving the room?

"So anyone going to tell me what happened last night?" Dad asked us, handing us each a glass of orange juice then sitting opposite to us.

"Nothing" I said.

"Nothing? So that's why you were sleeping in the corridor" he said, with a weird sort of sarcasm in his voice.

"We forgot our key cards" Louis butt in. Dad rolled his eyes, knowing that much already.

"Why did you leave in the rooms in the first place" he questioned, taking a sip of orange juice.

"Because you snore" I said. I earned a laugh from Louis. Well it more of a snort as he managed to choke on his orange juice.

Dad ignored it. "Don't blame me."

"Trust me, you didn't hear your own snoring." I said, "I say that's a pretty good excuse to leave the room"

"Well, then what did you do?" He said, leaning back a bit in his seat and trying not to make a big deal of this.